Dracut High School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Dracut High School|
|School district||Dracut Public Schools|
|Color(s)||Navy Blue |
The high school's colors are Columbia blue, navy blue, white and gold. The team name is the Middies and the symbol is an anchor, or a “Block ‘D’”. These are references to midshipmen, as historically, the town was a place where U.S. Navy uniforms were created. The original Dracut High was built in the early 1950s and was frequently overcrowded, as roughly 1,600 students attend the school that was built for a fraction of that number, approximately 900. However, in 2011, the Massachusetts School Building Authority approved funding to construct a new Dracut High School. The majority of the project is completed as of October 2014.
Dracut is known for their performing arts program. Especially for their show choir, a cappella vocal ensemble and marching band.
According to Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education annual statistics, for the 2019-2020 academic year, the demographic enrollment distributions for race, gender and grade level at Dracut High School are as follows:
Total number of enrolled students: 877
Total number of full-time equivalent educators: 60.0
Therefore, the student to teacher ratio for this school is 14.6:1
|Race||Enrolled Pupils*||% of District|
|Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander||0||0%|
* Number of enrolled pupils calculated based on total number of students in district and reported percentage, rounded to nearest whole student.
* SP = Special Education Beyond Grade 12
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-10-04. Retrieved 2015-10-16.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Dracut Senior High (00790505)". Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. Retrieved February 24, 2019.
- "Dracut High School Renovation Project". Archived from the original on 16 August 2012. Retrieved 13 September 2012.
- "Enrollment Data (2019-20) - Dracut Senior High (00790505)". profiles.doe.mass.edu.
- "School and District Profiles". profiles.doe.mass.edu.
- "Profiles Help-About the Data". www.profiles.doe.mass.edu. Retrieved 2019-09-26.
- Official website
- Dracut High School Sports
|This Massachusetts school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|