Dying to Try
|"Dying to Try"|
|Single by Brendan Murray|
|Released||29 March 2017|
|Brendan Murray singles chronology|
|"Dying to Try"|
|Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entry|
|◄ "Sunlight" (2016)|
|"Together" (2018) ►|
"Dying to Try" is a song performed by Irish singer Brendan Murray. The song was released as a digital download on 29 March 2017 through Universal Music, while its music video premiered on 10 March. It represented Ireland in the Eurovision Song Contest 2017. It was written by Jörgen Elofsson and James Newman.
Eurovision Song Contest
Murray was confirmed to be the Irish representative in the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 on 16 December 2016. He was recruited to compete by Irish entertainment manager Louis Walsh. The music video to his entry, "Dying to Try", was released on 10 March 2017, while it was released as a digital download on 29 March. Ireland competed in the second semi-final at the Eurovision Song Contest on 11 May 2017. They failed to qualify for the final.
|1.||"Dying to Try"||3:00|
|Worldwide||10 March 2017||Music video||N/A|
|29 March 2017||Digital download||Universal Music|
- "IRELAND: BRENDAN MURRAY TO SING "DYING TO TRY" IN KYIV". March 10, 2017. Retrieved March 10, 2017.
- Gallagher, Robyn (16 December 2016). "Ireland: Brendan Murray will sing at Eurovision 2017". wiwibloggs.com. Wiwibloggs.
- Adams, William Lee (16 December 2016). "HAS LOUIS WALSH PICKED IRELAND'S EUROVISION 2017 SINGER — AND IS IT BRENDAN MURRAY?". wiwibloggs.com. Wiwibloggs.
- Jordan, Paul (9 September 2016). "Kyiv to host Eurovision 2017!". eurovision.tv. European Broadcasting Union. Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- Jordan, Paul (21 January 2016). "Semi-Final Allocation Draw on Monday, pots revealed". eurovision.tv. European Broadcasting Union. Retrieved 25 January 2016.
- "Dying to Try - Single". iTunes. Retrieved 6 April 2017.
|This Ireland-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about the Eurovision Song Contest is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2017 single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|