|Dates||15 August 2016–|
|Established||6 April 2016|
|Canada (Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)|
eGames is an international esports (competitive video gaming) competition based on national teams. The first eGames showcase event took place during the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil at the British House in Parque Lage, Jardim Botânico on 15–16 August. The games were Smite as a show match and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U as a competition.
In the eGames Rio de Janeiro Showcase 2016, 8 eTeams participated in the eGames.
- Argentina (Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)
- Brazil (Smite and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)
- United Kingdom (Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)
- Canada (Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)
- Germany (Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)
- Mexico (Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)
- Trinidad & Tobago (Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)
- USA (Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)
|Gado||Rosalina and Luma, Peach|
- World Cyber Games, similar competition that mirrored the Olympics
- Warr, Philippa (2016-04-06). "eGames: Esports Is Heading To The Rio 2016 Olympics". Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Retrieved 2016-08-17.
- Tom East (2016-05-20). "Rio eGames news: date and venue announced". Red Bull. Retrieved 2016-08-17.
- Dustin Steiner (2016-08-10). "Over 40 New Countries (Unofficially) Join Olympics of Gaming". PVP Live. Retrieved 2016-08-17.
- Steiner, Dustin. "Canada's Ally Brings Home eGames Smash Gold". PVPlive. Retrieved 17 August 2016.