East Brunswick Technical High School
|East Brunswick Technical High School|
112 Rues Lane
|Type||Magnet Public high school|
|School district||Middlesex County Vocational and Technical Schools|
|NCES School ID||3410080|
|Asst. principals||Joseph Adochio|
|Enrollment||417 (as of 2017-18)|
|Student to teacher ratio||11.0:1|
|Color(s)|| Black and|
East Brunswick Vocational Technical High School (also known as MCVTS at East Brunswick, East Brunswick Tech, EB Tech, EBVT and East Brunswick Vo-Tech) is a four-year career academy and college preparatory magnet public high school serving students in ninth through twelfth grades located in East Brunswick Township in Middlesex County, New Jersey, United States, operating as part of the Middlesex County Vocational and Technical Schools. The school serves students of many diverse cultures from all over Middlesex County.
As of the 2017-18 school year, the school had an enrollment of 417 students and 38.0 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 11.0:1. There were 115 students (27.6% of enrollment) eligible for free lunch and 41 (9.8% of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch.
The East Brunswick Tech Tigers competes in the Greater Middlesex Conference, which operates under the supervision of the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA). With 525 students in grades 10–12, the school was classified by the NJSIAA for the 2015–16 school year as Central Jersey, Group II for most athletic competition purposes, which included schools with an enrollment of 498 to 750 students in that grade range.
School colors are orange, black, and white. In the fall, the school offers soccer and cross country. In the winter, there is boys' basketball, girls' basketball, and cheerleading. In addition to offering their typical varsity and junior varsity teams for cheerleading, there is a separate team that does competition cheer around the state. In the spring, there is softball and baseball.
In addition to sports, the school offers several clubs including:
- Gender and Sexual Minorities and Allies (GSMA)
- Anime Club
- Dungeons & Dragons Club
- Guitar Club
- Class Committee
- Student Council
- Yearbook Club
- Skills USA
- National Technical Honor Society
- Stripes Literary Magazine
- Thespian Society
East Brunswick Tech offers a variety of shops, but is most notable for their School of the Arts programs, which include:
- Graphic Design/Commercial Art
- Digital Filmmaking
- Multimedia Art
- Arts Technology (non-audition)
- Music Performance and Technology
Other shops include:
- Automotive Technology
- Machine Tool Technology
- Computer Architectural Design
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Technology
- Agriscience Technology
- Cosmetology and Hairstyling
In addition to the regular programs, there is a special-needs program, which has options in:
- Automotive Services
- Basic Business Technology
- Building Services/Maintenance Mechanics
- Building Trades/Carpentry
- Culinary Arts
- Dry Cleaning
- Health Services
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
School of the Arts
The School of the Arts puts on several productions throughout the year, specifically:
- Senior Showcase, a collaboration between all seven arts shops (November)
- Full-production winter Dance show, in collaboration with Arts Technology (December)
- Choreography showcase, featuring a number of student-created short dance pieces (February)
- Main stage theatre production, generally alternating between Shakespearean and contemporary plays, collaboration with Arts Technology (March/April)
- Reel Film Festival (May)
- Spring dance concert, a series of mid-length pieces (May)
- Freshman Showcase, a series of short plays showcasing the freshmen from Theatre and Arts Technology (May)
Other shows may be added throughout the year.
Core members of the school's administration are:
- Michael Cappiello, Principal
- Robert Feldman, Principal School of Career Development
- Joseph Adochio, Assistant Principal Discipline/ School Operations
- Kelly Nakielny, Assistant Principal Curriculum and Instruction
- Michael Pede, Athletic Director
- School data for Middlesex County Vocational School East Brunswick, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed November 1, 2019.
- East Brunswick Vo-Tech, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed December 31, 2014.
- League & Conference Affiliations 2016-2017, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed January 10, 2017.
- General Public School Classifications 2015-2016, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association, as of December 15, 2015. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- School of the Arts, East Brunswick Technical High School. Accessed April 10th, 2019.
- Administration, East Brunswick Technical High School. Accessed November 9, 2018.
- Principal School of Career Development, East Brunswick Technical High School. Accessed November 9, 2018.
- Assistant Principal Discipline/ School Operations, East Brunswick Technical High School. Accessed April 10th 2019.
- Assistant Principal - Curriculum and Instruction, East Brunswick Technical High School. Accessed April 10th, 2019.