East Longmeadow High School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|East Longmeadow High School|
180 Maple Street
|School district||East Longmeadow Public Schools|
|Principal||Frank Paige (acting)|
|Teaching staff||62.50 (FTE)|
|Grades||9 - 12|
|Student to teacher ratio||13.36|
|Color(s)||Red and gray|
|Athletics||Indoor Track, Golf, Swimming and Diving, Outdoor Track, Soccer, Wrestling, Hockey, Football, Volleyball, Tennis, Cross Country, Baseball, Field Hockey, Basketball, Lacrosse, Softball, Cheerleading,|
|Athletics conference||Division 2|
|Rival||Longmeadow High School|
|Variety Show||Spartanum Spectaculuum|
East Longmeadow High School is a public high school located in East Longmeadow, Massachusetts. It is the only secondary school in the East Longmeadow School District. It enrolls approximately 825 students. The school has applied for the Massachusetts School Building Authority (MSBA) Core Program for a new building for 5 straight years. In December 2019 the building was approved by the MSBA for the Core Program. The school has entered into Eligibility Period and can start submitting paperwork in June 2020. This will be a 6 to 8-year process to get the students at East Longmeadow High School a much needed and much deserved new high school. East Longmeadow High School is one of the oldest high schools in Western Mass that has NOT gotten a new building or has had any notable renovations.
- Nick Ahmed, professional baseball player
- Kyle Smith, (Class of '84) film critic for the New York Post and novelist.
- Victoria Aveyard, author of the Red Queen trilogy.
- "East Longmeadow High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 30, 2019.
- "East Longmeadow's Nick Ahmed wins Minor League Gold Glove". The Republican. October 1, 2013. Retrieved April 25, 2014.
- "Braves select East Longmeadow's Ahmed in 2nd". ESPN.com. June 7, 2011. Retrieved April 25, 2014.
|This Massachusetts school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|