Treasure studied dentistry at the University of Birmingham where she was awarded BDS and PhD degrees. Between 1980 and 1990 she worked in the National Health Service in several clinical roles. She then moved to New Zealand where she worked as a public health dentist and as a lecturer and senior lecturer at the University of Otago.
In 1995 Treasure moved back to the UK where she was appointed Senior Lecturer and Consultant in Dental Public Health at the University of Wales College of Medicine, where in 2000 she became a professor. In 2006 she was appointed Dean and General Manager of the Dental School and of the Cardiff University Dental Hospital.
Treasure's research interests include clinical effectiveness, epidemiology and clinical trials. She chaired a review of the dental workforce in Wales and was scientific adviser to the Department of Health's dental division.
In 2010, Treasure was appointed Deputy Vice-Chancellor of Cardiff University, the first woman to hold this position. She was appointed Vice Chancellor of Aberystwyth University in December 2016 and took up the post in April 2017.
Memberships and appointments
- Member of Cardiff and Vale University Health Board
- Finance Committee of UCAS
- Health and Safety Committee of the Universities and Colleges Employers' Association (UCEA)
- British Association for the Study of Community Dentistry (President 2014-15)
- Council Member of Llandaff Cathedral School, Cardiff
- "Elizabeth Tulip TREASURE". Companies House. Retrieved 7 April 2017.
- "Aberystwyth University appoints new vice chancellor". BBC. 15 December 2016.
- "Aberystwyth University appoints new Vice-Chancellor". Aberystwyth University. 15 December 2016.
- "Professor Elizabeth Treasure". Cardiff and Vale University Health Board. Retrieved 7 April 2017.
- Betteley, Chris (6 April 2017). "Pantycelyn and Old College projects still high on agenda". Cambrian News. Aberystwyth. Retrieved 7 April 2017.
- "Deputy Vice-Chancellor". Cardiff University. Archived from the original on 27 June 2016.
| Vice-Chancellor of Aberystwyth University