Emma Farrell (freediver)
Emma Farrell (born 1973) is a British freediving instructor, and the author of the book One breath: a reflection on freediving. She was head of instruction at the UK’s DeeperBlue freediving club from 2004 until her resignation in 2009; she now runs her own freediving training company, GoFreediving, which teaches the SSI freediving programme. In 2007, she was stated to be one of only ten freediving instructor trainers in the world.
She has dived on the BBC2 television series Britain’s Secret Seas, and taught Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall to freedive for UK Channel 4’s River Cottage. She has also taught actors Terence Stamp and Jack Osbourne to freedive. In May 2012 she featured as the freediving expert and teacher for UK Channel 4’s Hidden Talent show.
- Farrell, Emma (2006) One Breath: A Reflection on Freediving, Photographs by Frederic Buyle, Pynto Ltd., Hatherley, UK: ISBN 0-9542315-2-X
- DeeperBlue announcement 21 June 2009
- Article in the Gulf News about Emma Farrell and freediving, 24 March 2007
- Article in the Bath Chronicle about Emma Farrell, dated 27 April 2012
- Article in the People about Roxanne Messenger on Hidden Talent, dated 6 May 2012
- "Freediving Instructor Emma Farrell". gofreediving.co.uk.
- DeeperBlue website
- Channel 4 Hidden Talent Series 1 Episode 2
|This biographical article related to diving is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|