Location of Etawah district in Uttar Pradesh
|Tehsils||Etawah, Bharthana, Jaswantnagar, Chakarnagar, Saifai, Takha|
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Etawah, Mainpuri|
|• Vidhan Sabha constituencies||Jaswantnagar Bharthana And Etawah|
|• Total||100 km2 (40 sq mi)|
|• Urban||Etawah Bharthana Saifai Jaswantnagar Bakewar Sarsai Nawar Mahewa|
|Time zone||UTC+05:30 (IST)|
|Major highways||NH 19, Agra–Lucknow Expressway, NH 719 & State Highway 83|
|Average annual precipitation||792 mm|
Etawah district is one of the districts in the western portion of Uttar Pradesh state of India. Etawah town is the district headquarters. The district covers an area of 2311 km2. It has a population of 1,581,810.
According to the 2011 census Etawah district has a population of 1,581,810. This gives it a ranking of 316th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 157 inhabitants per square kilometre (410/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 12.91%. Etawah has a sex ratio of 970 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 70.14%.
|Etawah district: mother-tongue of population, according to the 2011 Census.|
|Mother tongue code||Mother tongue||People||Percentage|
- Faculties of Agricultural Engineering and Technology, Dairy Technology and Fisheries Science of Chandra Shekhar Azad University of Agriculture and Technology named Baba Saheb Dr. B.R.A. College of Agriculture Engineering & Technology, College of Dairy Technology and College of Fisheries Science and Research Centre, established during 1994-95, 2015–16 and 2015–16 respectively.
- Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences (formerly U.P. Rural Institute of Medical Sciences and Research) Saifai, Etawah is a medical research public university, established by Government of Uttar Pradesh under Act 15 of 2016. The University is running full-fledged Medical College, Paramedical College, Nursing College, Pharmacy College, Multi Specialty 850 bedded hospital and 150 bedded trauma and burn centre. 500 bedded super specialty hospital is being established in the University by Government of Uttar Pradesh with budget of ₹650 crores.
Schools and colleges
- Chaudhary Charan Singh Post Graduate College, Heonra-Saifai, Etawah or Chaudhary Charan Singh Degree College is a college offering under-graduate and post-graduate courses in Science, Arts, Law, Commerce, Computer, Management, Education and Physical Education faculties. The College is situated in Heonra village which is part of Saifai Block (Vikas Khand) and neighbour village of Saifai village. The college is affiliated to Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University (formerly Kanpur University).
- District Institute of Education and Training is a B.T.C. training college. It offers 2 year B.T.C. which is also known as Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed.) outside Uttar Pradesh.
- Government Girls Post Graduate College, Etawah is government women's college offering BA, BCom and MA courses in Etawah.
- Janta College Bakewar, Etawah is a college offering courses in Mathematics, Computer Science, Industrial chemistry, Biotechnology, Commerce and Agriculture. The college is affiliated to Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University (formerly Kanpur University). It is considered as a top notch institution for science. It is accredited 'B' grade from NAAC.
- Karm Kshetra Post Graduate College or K.K. P.G. College, Etawah is a college offering under-graduate and post-graduate courses in Science, Arts, Commerce faculties. The college is affiliated to Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University (formerly Kanpur University).
- Major Dhyan Chand Sports College, Saifai (Etawah) is a residential sports college in Saifai, established in 2014. It offers teaching from 6th to 12th standard and by the curriculum of Board of High School and Intermediate Education, Uttar Pradesh (U.P. Board) and sports training in cricket, football, hockey, wrestling, athletics, badminton, swimming and kabaddi.
- Pharmacy College Saifai, established in 2015, only government aided pharmacy college run by UP Government. Earlier affiliated with UPTU, now part of Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences.
- S.S. Memorial Educational Academy, Saifai, Etawah is a private B.T.C. training college. It offers 2 year B.T.C. which is also known as Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed.) outside Uttar Pradesh.
- S.S. Memorial Senior Secondary Public School, Saifai, Etawah is a co-ed institute with English as the medium of instruction. The school is affiliated to CBSE, New Delhi and NCERT published books are introduced form class VI and onwards.
Maa Kalka Devi
- Sarita Bhadauria (b 1963) - politician and member of 17th Legislative Assembly of Uttar Pradesh
- Akhilesh Yadav (b 1973) - politician and member of 17th Lok Sabha
- Mulayam Singh Yadav (b 1939) - politician and founder of the Samajwadi Party
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- C-16 Population By Mother Tongue – Uttar Pradesh (Report). Office of the Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 15 July 2020.
- Decadal Variation In Population Since 1901
- "रिम्स सैफई बना आयुर्विज्ञान विश्वविद्यालय". अमर उजाला (in Hindi). 6 June 2016.
- "UP govt to establish medical science university in Saifai". Business Standard. 13 March 2015.
- "सैफई मेडिकल यूनिवर्सिटी को गवर्नर का ओके". NBT (in Hindi). 3 May 2016.
- "www.ccspg.org (Website of Chaudhary Charan Singh Post Graduate College)". Chaudhary Charan Singh Post Graduate College.
- "www.ssmssps.com (Website of S.S. Memorial Senior Secondary Public School)". S.S. Memorial Senior Secondary Public School.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Etawah district.|