Ethiopia–Malaysia relations are foreign relations between Ethiopia and Malaysia. Ethiopia has a consulate-general in Kuala Lumpur, while Malaysia has no embassy in Ethiopia. Both countries are members of the Group of 77.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (January 2020)
The Ethiopian general-consulate in Kuala Lumpur was established in 2003, with the main purpose of the consulate being to enhance trade and economic activities between the two countries and for closer person-to-person contact.
Malaysia is one of the major trade partners of Ethiopia. In 2005, Ethiopia's Ministry of Mines and Petronas, a Malaysian oil firm, signed a four-year exploration and production agreement enabling the latter to explore and produce petroleum in Ethiopia. In 2009, a Malaysian company set up a mushroom farming establishment with an investment of Br285 million. The area covers a 60 hectare mushroom farm near Lake Shala where the main production facility lies. In 2013, a Malaysian edible oil producer built a large food oil refinery in Ethiopia. Besides that, both countries are also working on air transport and Malaysia Airlines has established a codeshare agreement with Ethiopian Airlines.
- "Consulate General Office of Ethiopia, Kuala Lumpur". Ethiopia Consulate General Office. Archived from the original on 4 May 2018. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- "Ethiopia Major Trade Partners". Bridgat. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- Sam Savage (26 July 2005). "Ethiopia, Malaysia's PETRONAS Sign Petroleum Exploration Agreement". Xinhua News Agency. redOrbit. Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- "Ethiopia: Malaysian company to set up 285mln birr mushroom farm establishment". Ethiopian Review. Fresh Plaza. 25 May 2009. Archived from the original on 1 February 2014. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- "Malaysian edible oil producer to build a large refinery in Ethiopia". Malaysian Palm Oil Council. 3 April 2013. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- "Ethiopia, Malaysia sign air services agreement". Bernama. The Borneo Post. 23 April 2011. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- "MAS establishes code-sharing with Ethiopian Airlines". Bernama. Astro Awani. 30 December 2013. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
|This article about bilateral relations is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|