|Full name||Football Club Emmen|
|Founded||21 August 1925|
|Ground||De Oude Meerdijk|
FC Emmen is a Dutch football club based in Emmen, Drenthe, playing in the Eredivisie, the first tier of football in the Netherlands. Founded in 1925, the club entered the professional Eerste Divisie in 1985. In 2018, Emmen were promoted to the Eredivisie for the first time. Home games are played at De Oude Meerdijk.
In 1985, Emmen finally joined the professional ranks. In 1988 the club was split into an amateur and a professional section. The latter was mostly called BVO Emmen ( Betaald Voetbal Organisatie, professional football organisation). In 2005, the professional club Emmen changed its name into FC Emmen, for two reasons. Firstly, it was hoped that the new name would better reflect the club's history, and secondly because many misunderstandings had arisen, among people who had grown to believe that BVO was an abbreviation similar to for instance PSV, RBC or ADO.
FC Emmen has reached the Eerste Divisie play-offs eleven times and on 20 May 2018, they managed to clinch promotion to the Dutch Eredivisie for the first time in their history after beating Sparta Rotterdam 3–1 in the promotion/relegation play-off finals.
Emmen finished 14th in their first Eredivisie season and secured their spot in the Eredivisie for the 2019–2020 season.
|Period||Kit manufacturer||Shirt sponsor|
|1985–1988||Yellow Bird||American Stores|
|2004–2006||Henk ten Hoor|
|2007–2008||Hof van Saksen|
|2009–2012||Peter van Dijk Projects & Investments|
|2015–2016||Robey||Q&S Garten Deco|
|2018–2019||Hitachi Capital Mobility|
- As of 12 November 2020
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- Promotion to Eredivisie: 1
- Best performance in the Dutch Cup: two times in the quarterfinals (KNVB Cup 1989-90 and KNVB Cup 1998-99).
Former technical directors
- Rob Groener
- Gerard Somer
- "FC Emmen history" (in Dutch). FC Emmen.
- "Sparta degradeert uit Eredivisie, historische promotie FC Emmen". NU.nl (in Dutch). 20 May 2018.
- "Emmen-doelpuntenmaker Bijl: 'In de bus kijken of ik al op Wikipedia sta'". NOS. 12 August 2018.
- Van Dijk was fired on 17 February 2007 and replaced by former player Alfons Arts, who gave over the job on 7 March 2007 to Gerry Hamstra.
- Hamstra was fired on 13 October 2008 and replaced by Thiemo Meertens. He handed over his job on 23 October 2008 to Paul Krabbe.
- "FC Emmen - Squad 2019/2020" (in Dutch). Worldfootball. Retrieved 3 July 2019.