Fairhope High School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Fairhope High School|
1 Pirate Dr
|Teaching staff||92.23 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||18.31|
|Color(s)||Blue & Gold|
Clubs and activities
A wide variety of clubs some include: Chess Club, FCCLA, a Christian prayer group known as First Priority, the Girls Service Club, Interact, Honors Society, and Key Club.
The Pirates compete in the AHSAA's largest classification, 7A. Fairhope annually fields teams in football, baseball, basketball, soccer, track, volleyball, cross country, golf, tennis, swimming and wrestling.
Each year, the football team plays Foley High School for the Blue-Gold trophy and the Daphne Trojans for the Jubilee Cup. Fairhope's biggest rivals are Foley and the Trojans of Daphne High School. Prior to division of student talent with Daphne High School, Fairhope was a perennial contender in many team sports and earned several state titles.
In 2009, the Pirates finished the regular season 10–0, with wins over both Daphne and Foley. However, Fairhope lost in the second round of the AHSAA 6A State Playoffs, finishing the season 11–1.
Fairhope has an established boys' and girls' soccer program with winning traditions. Fairhope's boys' soccer team won the 6A Alabama State Championship in 2009. A new field was built across the street from the school.
The Pirates have gone to the AHSAA playoffs eight years in a row and won state championships in 1983 and 1984. The Pirates have also claimed the 6A Area 2 Championship two years running and finished this season 36–8, losing in the playoffs semifinals to the eventual state champions of Auburn High.
- Regina Benjamin - 18th Surgeon General of the United States
- David King - NFL player
- Leon Lett - NFL Football Cowboys, All-Pro
- Eric Yelding - Former MLB player (Houston Astros, Chicago Cubs)
Schools that feed into Fairhope High include:
- Fairhope Middle School (7–8), 842 students, Principal Angie Hall
- J. Larry Newton School (K–6), 931 students, Principal Patrice Wolfe.
- Fairhope Intermediate School (4–6), 697 students, Principal Carol Broughten.
- Fairhope Elementary School (K–3), 1037 students, Principal Julie Pierce.
- "Fairhope High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved June 9, 2020.
- "Alabama High School Football Class 6A Ratings and Standings". Alabama High School Athletic Association Website. Retrieved 2007-05-23.
- "Fairhope High School Sports - al.com". highschoolsports.al.com. Retrieved 2015-12-21.
- "Fairhope High School / Homepage". www.bcbe.org. Retrieved 2015-12-21.