First Church of Christ, Scientist, Richmond
|First Church of Christ, Scientist, Richmond|
The church from the northwest
|Location||35 Sheen Road, Richmond, London TW9 1AD|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|Architect(s)||W Braxton Sinclair and Barton|
It was built between 1939 and 1953; the architects were W. Braxton Sinclair (who also designed the Grade II listed First Church of Christ Scientist, Bromley) and Barton. Bridget Cherry and Nikolaus Pevsner describe it as having "heavily modelled red brickwork, with some free Baroque details".
Services and activities
The building includes a reading room.
- First Church of Christ, Scientist, London
- First Church of Christ, Scientist (Brighton)
- former First Church of Christ, Scientist, Fallowfield, Manchester
- Bridget Cherry and Nikolaus Pevsner (1983). The Buildings of England – London 2: South. London: Penguin Books. p. 519. ISBN 0 14 0710 47 7.
- "Welcome". First Church of Christ, Scientist, Richmond. Archived from the original on 18 February 2013. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- Historic England (22 January 1990). "First Church of Christ Scienti (1253930)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 10 August 2020.
- "Art Deco Buildings: London examples". London Footprints. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- Registered in accordance with the Places of Worship Registration Act 1855 (Number in Worship Register: 81398; Name: First Church of Christ, Scientist, Richmond; Denomination: Christian Scientists). Retrieved 20 January 2013. (Archived version of list from April 2010; Click here for access to subsequent updates)