France in the Eurovision Song Contest 2013
|Eurovision Song Contest 2013|
|Selection process||Internal Selection|
|Selection date(s)||Artist: 22 January 2013|
Song: 13 March 2013
|Selected entrant||Amandine Bourgeois|
|Selected song||"L'enfer et moi"|
|Final result||23rd, 14 points|
|France in the Eurovision Song Contest|
France participated in the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 in Malmö, Sweden. The French entry was selected through an internal selection, organised by the French broadcaster France Télévisions. Amandine Bourgeois represented France with the song "L'enfer et moi", which placed 23rd and scored 14 points in the final.
On 22 January 2013, it was revealed that France Télévisions had been conducting a private selection among 18 short-listed songs that were presented to an expert committee. After a blind audition, the committee selected the song "L'enfer et moi", performed by Amandine Bourgeois and composed by Boris Bergman and David Salkin.
The song "L'enfer et moi" was premièred on 13 March 2013 through release on Spotify. The official preview video was made available on the French broadcaster's website on 14 March 2013 and on the same day Bourgeois presented the song on the program C à vous on France 5. The entry was also presented on 24 March 2013 during the program Chabada on France 3.
As a member of the "Big Five", France automatically qualified for a place in the final, held on 18 May 2013. In addition to their participation in the final, France was assigned to vote in the second semi-final on 16 May 2013.
During the French delegation's press conference on 15 May, France was allocated to perform in the first half of the final. In the final, the producers of the show decided that France would open the show and perform 1st, preceding Lithuania. France scored 14 points in the final and placed 23rd, the third-lowest placement ever for France.
Points awarded to France
|12 points||10 points||8 points||7 points||6 points|
|5 points||4 points||3 points||2 points||1 point|
Points awarded by France
Points awarded in second semi-final:
Points awarded in the final:
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to France in the Eurovision Song Contest 2013.|
- Escudero, Victor M. (22 January 2013). "Amandine Bourgeois to represent France in Malmö!". Esctoday.com.
- "Eurovision Song Contest 2013 Grand Final". Eurovision.tv. 18 May 2013. Retrieved 18 May 2013.
- Escudero, Victor M. (12 March 2013). "French song to be revealed tomorrow". Esctoday.com.
- Siim, Jarmo (17 January 2013). "Draw results: Who's in which Semi-Final?". Eurovision.tv.
- Leon, Jakov (15 May 2013). "Amandine: Simplicity is the key". Eurovision.tv. Retrieved 15 May 2013.
- Storvik-Green, Simon (17 May 2013). "Running order for the Grand Final revealed". Eurovision.tv. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Eurovision Song Contest 2013 Semi-Final (2)". Eurovision.tv. 18 May 2013. Retrieved 18 May 2013.