|Other names||Frances Elizabeth Andrews|
|Alma mater||University of London|
|Thesis||The Early Humiliati (1994)|
|Institutions||University of St Andrews|
She is the managing editor of Brill's Medieval Mediterranean series and also the series editor for Boydell and Brewer's Studies in the History of Medieval Religion. She was President of the Ecclesiastical History Society (2014–2015).
Her research interests fall into two main areas: medieval Italy and medieval Christianity, with a particular focus on relations between religion and public life, the history of the friars, the Humiliati, and urban history. She is currently writing a monograph on the employment of religious in government and administration.
- The Early Humiliati. 1999.
- The Other Friars. 2006.
- Doubting Christianity: The Church and Doubt. 2016. (co-edited with Charlotte Methuen and Andrew Spicer)
- Como and Padua: Andrews, F. E., 22 Aug 2018, Italy and Early Medieval Europe. Papers for Chris Wickham. Balzaretti, R., Barrow, J. & Skinner, P. (eds.). Oxford University Press
- The Sack Friars and the Problems of a Comparative History of the Mendicants: Andrews, F. E., 2017, Gli studi francescani: prospettive di ricerca: Atti dell’Incontro di studio in occasione del 30° anniversario dei Seminari di formazione Assisi, 4-5 luglio 2015. Spoleto: Centro Italiano di Studi sull'Alto Medioevo, p. 147-185 38 p
- "Seminars and Lectures". Ghil.ac.uk. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "School of History". St-andrews.ac.uk. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Frances Andrews - University of St Andrews". Risweb.st-andrews.ac.uk. 16 June 2016. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Professor Frances Andrews - RHS". Royalhistsoc.org. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Frances Andrews | St Andrews School of History". Standrewsschoolofhistory.wordpress.com. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Ecclesiastical History Society".
- "Como and Padua - University of St Andrews". risweb.st-andrews.ac.uk. Retrieved 2 June 2019.
- "The Sack Friars and the Problems of a Comparative History of the Mendicants". risweb.st-andrews.ac.uk. Retrieved 2 June 2019.
|Professional and academic associations|
| President of the Ecclesiastical History Society
|This article about a British historian or genealogist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|