|Founded||2008, Brixton Market, London, England|
|Products||Sourdough Pizza and Salads|
|Owners||Giuseppe Mascoli, David Page, Nabil Mankarious, and David Sykes|
Franco Manca is a sourdough Neapolitan pizza business operating around 50 pizzeria in the UK and Italy. It was founded in 2008 by Giuseppe Mascoli and Bridget Hugo. The first store opened on Market Row in Brixton Market. Initially sites were in the London area, however the company has now expanded into Italy with a busy Summer pizzeria on the island of Salina, Sicily. The company has opened restaurants in towns and cities around England - Brighton, Bristol, Cambridge, Leeds and Manchester - and later in Edinburgh, Scotland. Since the first site opened they've served and promoted slow rising sourdough pizza and properly sourced, small supplier, seasonal ingredients. Franco Manca was named the UK's best Italian Restaurant on Yelp. Franco Manca's menu consists of mostly pizza with various meat and vegetarian options. It uses a traditional Neapolitan soft base.
In March 2015, Franco Manca was purchased by The Fulham Shore, which also owns ‘The Real Greek". The Fulham Shore is owned and operated by Giuseppe Mascoli, David Page, Nabil Mankarious, and David Sykes. In July 2017 they said that the uncertainty over Brexit was 'already affecting the availability of skilled European restaurant staff’. In July 2018 they stated in the company report that more than 50% of the people who worked in the business held shares in the company.
- Prince, Rose (2013-03-28). "Word of mouth: Giuseppe Mascoli, Brixton's pizza king". Daily Telegraph. ISSN 0307-1235. Archived from the original on 2018-09-04. Retrieved 2018-09-04.
- "A world-class lunch in 40 seconds - and you don't have to be made of dough ..." The Guardian. Archived from the original on 26 February 2019. Retrieved 30 August 2019.
- "The Man Behind Franco Manca". Brixton Blog. 2015-01-23. Archived from the original on 2018-09-04. Retrieved 2018-09-04.
- "Welcome to Franco Manca !". Francomanca.co.uk. Archived from the original on 2017-06-25. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "Franco Manca is named the UK's best Italian restaurant on Yelp". Business Insider. Uk.businessinsider.com. 2016-06-14. Archived from the original on 2017-07-05. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- Chomka, Stefan (2015-01-12). "Business Profile: Franco Manca". Big Hospitality. Archived from the original on 2017-03-26. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "Into the black for Franco Manca owner The Fulham Shore". Investors Chronicle. 2016-07-26. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "London's best pizza maker Franco Manca expanding across UK after profits soar". This is Money. 2016-07-14. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "Pizza chain Franco Manca says Brexit is 'already affecting the availability of skilled European restaurantstaff'". Business Insider. Archived from the original on 12 July 2017. Retrieved 12 July 2017.