|• Mayor||John Schmidt Andersen (1 January 2014-) (V)|
|• Total||250.61 km2 (96.76 sq mi)|
(1 April 2014)
|• Density||180/km2 (460/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Frederikssund Kommune (Danish pronunciation: [fʁeðʁekˈsɔnˀ kʰoˈmuːnə]) is a municipality (Danish: kommune) on the shores of Roskilde Fjord in the northern part of the island of Zealand (Sjælland) in eastern Denmark. On 1 January 2007, the municipality was enlarged to include the old Jægerspris, Slangerup, and Skibby municipalities. It now covers an area of 250 km² and has a population of 44,401 (1 January 2014). As of 1 January 2014 its mayor is John Schmidt Andersen, a member of the agrarian liberal Venstre political party. Frederikssund municipality belongs to Region Hovedstaden (Capital Region).
The seat of its municipal council is the town of Frederikssund with a population of 15,283 (1 January 2009). The town is connected to the Hornsherred peninsula by the Kronprins Frederik bridge. The former municipalities of Jægerspris and Skibby are located on this peninsula.
The ten largest locations in the municipality are:
|Nr (#)||City||Population (2011)|
|10||Over Dråby Strand||442|
Frederikssund's municipal council consists of 23 members, elected every four years.
Below are the municipal councils elected since the Municipal Reform of 2007.
|2005||13||1||3||1||1||8||27||72.2%||Ole Find Jensen (A)|
|2013||8||1||1||1||3||8||1||73.4%||John S. Andersen (V)|
|Data from Kmdvalg.dk 2005, 2009, 2013 and 2017|
Frederikssund's main pedestrian street
The new harbour square provides the finishing touches to the harbour developments which began in the 1990s. There are also ambitious plans to build a new residential development to the south of Frederikssund near Store Rørbæk.
- "BEF44: Population 1st January, by urban areas" database from Statistics Denmark
- New Town in the Øresund Region - housing potential in the new town next to Frederikssund Archived 16 June 2007 at the Wayback Machine - Paper presented at the ENHR conference, Ljubljana July 2006 Retrieved 9 January 2007.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Frederikssund Kommune.|
- Municipal statistics: NetBorger Kommunefakta, delivered from KMD aka Kommunedata (Municipal Data)
- Municipal mergers and neighbors: Eniro new municipalities map
- Road map from Google maps
- The new Frederikssund municipality's official website (Danish only)
- Frederikssund / Hornsherred Tourist Bureau
- Frederikssund Gymnasium
- Center Bowl
- Frederikssund Golf Club
- The local public library (in Danish)
- Frederikssund marina (in Danish)