Fulton House (McConnellsburg, Pennsylvania)
Fulton House, April 2011
|Location||112–116 Lincoln Way East, McConnellsburg, Pennsylvania|
|NRHP reference No.||77001169|
|Added to NRHP||July 20, 1977|
The Fulton House is a prominent Georgian-influenced stone tavern built c. 1793 and located on Lincoln Way East in McConnellsburg, Pennsylvania, this inn once boarded governors and four presidents and was originally known as The Union Hotel. The building is now restored following a devastating 1944 fire that destroyed much of the 18th century interior of the original structure. The 1820 east end addition was not affected by the fire.
The east end portion of the building houses the Fulton County Historical Society Museum, which is open to the public on special occasions.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. April 15, 2008.
- "National Historic Landmarks & National Register of Historic Places in Pennsylvania" (Searchable database). CRGIS: Cultural Resources Geographic Information System. Note: This includes William K. Watson (n.d.). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory Nomination Form: Fulton House" (PDF). Retrieved 2011-11-22.