Map of Fuzuli Region showing attractions
Map of Azerbaijan showing Fuzuli Rayon
|Capital||Füzuli (de jure)|
Horadiz (de facto)
|• Total||1,390 km2 (540 sq mi)|
| • Estimate |
|Telephone code||(+994) 26|
Fuzuli District (Azerbaijani: Füzuli rayonu) is a rayon of Azerbaijan. It was named after the Azerbaijani poet Fuzûlî. Its official capital is the town of Füzuli, however as a result of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, the temporary seat is Horadiz. After the whole district was recaptured by Azerbaijan during the 2020 Nagorno-Karabakh war, it's expected for the seat to return to Fuzuli.
The western half, including the capital, was controlled by the self-proclaimed Nagorno-Karabakh Republic as part of the Hadrut Province, as a result of the First Nagorno-Karabakh War. Horadiz became the temporary administrative centre of Fuzuli Rayon due following Fuzuli's occupation by Armenian forces on 23 August 1993.
On October 20, 2020, the Government of Azerbaijan announced the recapture of Dordchinar, Kurdlar, Yukhari Abdurrahmanli, Garghabazar, Ashaghi Veysalli, Yukhari Aybasanli villages of the Füzuli rayon from Armenian forces. Six more villages (Gejagozlu, Ashaghi Seyidahmadli, Zargar, Mollavali, Yukhari Rafadinli, Ashaghi Rafadinli) of the district were reportedly recaptured between October 21–22, according to Azerbaijani sources.
- Official census in USSR, 1989 Archived February 22, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
- "Ministry of Culture and Tourism of Azerbaijan Republic. Fizuli". Retrieved April 28, 2010.
- "Şəhərlərarası telefon kodları". Aztelekom MMC. Aztelekom İB. (in Azerbaijani)
- @azpresident (17 October 2020). "Fuzuli city and several villages were liberated!" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "President Ilham Aliyev: Zangilan city and 6 villages of the district, 18 villages of Fuzuli, Jabrayil, and Khojavand districts were liberated". Azerbaijan State News Agency. Retrieved 2020-10-21.
- "President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani Army liberated 3 villages of Fuzuli district, 4 villages of Jabrayil district". MINISTRY OF DEFENCE OF THE REPUBLIC OF AZERBAIJAN. Retrieved 2020-10-22.
- "President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani Army liberated 3 villages of Fuzuli district, 5 villages of Jabrayil district". State News Agency of Azerbaijan. Retrieved 2020-10-23.
- "Azerbaijan: Life on the Frontlines". Eurasia.net. 2007-07-05. Retrieved 2010-10-07.
|This Fuzuli Rayon location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|