Galleria at Crystal Run
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Location||Wallkill, Orange County, New York, United States|
|Opening date||April 1, 1992|
|Developer||The Pyramid Companies|
|Owner||The Pyramid Companies|
|No. of stores and services||120|
|No. of anchor tenants||6|
|Total retail floor area||1,100,000 sq ft (100,000 m2)|
|No. of floors||2 (1 in Dick's Sporting Goods, Gold's Gym, Target, and Urban Air Adventure Park)|
On December 28, 2016, it was announced that Sears would be closing as part of a plan to close 30 stores nationwide. The store closed in April 2017. On March 9, 2018, it was announced that an Urban Air Adventure Park and Gold's Gym would take over the Sears space in late 2018. Golds Gym would open on 2019 and Urban Air Adventure Park would open on February 8, 2020.
The Galleria is owned and managed by The Pyramid Companies, a group that also owns and manages regional sisters Poughkeepsie Galleria in Poughkeepsie (the model for Crystal Run), and Palisades Center in West Nyack.
2017 gun discharge incident
On November 26, 2017, an unknown man discharged a handgun inside the mall into the floor, causing a lockdown and response from local police forces, New York State Police, and the FBI. A 49-year-old woman and her 12-year-old son suffered minor injuries.
- Dick's Sporting Goods (upper level)
- Target (lower level)
- Urban Air Adventure Park (lower level)
- Gold's Gym (upper level)
- Filene's - Replaced by Macy's in 2006
- FYE - Replaced by Billy Beez
- G. Fox - Replaced by Filene's in 1993
- HomeImage by Lechmere - Replaced by H&M, then Target
- Old Navy - Relocated to Orange Plaza in 2013
- Sears - Replaced by Urban Air Adventure Park and Gold's Gym
- Steinbach - Replaced by Dick's Sporting Goods
- The Wiz - Replaced by FYE
- "Poughkeepsie Journal from Poughkeepsie, New York on December 20, 2002 · Page 6B". Newspapers.com.
- Randall, Michael (1992-04-05). "Galleria at Crystal Run Opens". Hudson Valley News. p. A2. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- Garbarine, Rachelle (2003-07-20). "Commercial Property/Wallkill, N.Y.; An Aging Plaza Gets a New Look and New Tenants". The New York Times. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- Gross, Hank (1990-07-20). "Traffic Battles Continue". The Evening News. p. 11A. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- Bayne, Richard. "Sears to close at Galleria at Crystal Run". recordonline.com.
- Bellamy, Lana. "Trampoline park, Gold's Gym to open in Galleria". recordonline.com.
- Gross, Hank (1990-06-29). "Pyramid Gives Wallkill a Look at Future Galleria". The Evening News. p. 7A. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- "Police: 2 Injured When Gunshot Hits Floor At Galleria Mall In Orange County; Holiday Shoppers Evacuated". 2017-11-26. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- Spadaro, Amanda. "Search continues for man who fired shot at Galleria on Sunday". recordonline.com. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- "Man Suspected of Firing Gun in NY Mall Turns Himself in". NBC New York. Retrieved 2017-11-30.
- Yakin, Heather. "Mall shooting suspect turns himself in, pleads not guilty". recordonline.com. Retrieved 2017-11-30.
- "Galleria Shooting Suspect Turns Himself In". Hudson Valley Post. Retrieved 2017-11-30.