Garton railway station
Site of the station in 2008
|Area||East Riding of Yorkshire|
|Original company||Malton and Driffield Railway|
|Pre-grouping||North Eastern Railway|
|Post-grouping||London and North Eastern Railway|
|Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom|
|Closed railway stations in Britain|
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
Garton railway station (railway station on the Malton & Driffield Railway (MDR) in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It opened on 19 May 1853, and served the village of Garton-on-the-Wolds. It closed on 5 June 1950.) was a
Garton was the least important station on the MDR, handling fewer passengers than any other.
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
- "Station Name: Garton". Disused Stations. Subterranea Britannica. 2 July 2010. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- Garton station on navigable 1947 O. S. map
- Garton station at The Yorkshire Wolds Railway Restoration Project
|Preceding station||Disused railways||Following station|
|Wetwang||North Eastern Railway
Malton & Driffield Railway
|This article on a railway station in Yorkshire and the Humber is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|