This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Location of Gazipur District in Bangladesh
Expandable map of Gazipur District
|• Deputy Commissioner||S.M. Tarikul Islam|
|• Total||1,741.53 km2 (672.41 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,000/km2 (5,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+06:00 (BST)|
|Coast||5 km (3.1 mi)|
Gazipur (town) has 9 Wards and 31 Mahallas. The area of the town is 49.32 km2. The town's population is 123,531; male 52.52%, female 47.48%; density is 2,505 per km2. Establishments such as Islamic University of Technology, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University (BSMRAU), Bangladesh Rice Research Institute (BRRI), Bangladesh Agricultural Research Institute (BARI), Dhaka University of Engineering and Technology, and others are located here.[unreliable source?]
- Tajuddin Ahmad, First Prime Minister of Bangladesh
- Meghnad Saha, Astrophysicist
- Sohel Taj, An ex minister from the Bangladesh Awami League and a TV host.
- Mayor Of Gazipur City Corporation: Jahangir Alam
- Administrator of Zila Parishod: Akhteruzzaman
- Deputy Commissioner: Nurul Islam
Gazipur District was established in 1984. It has one city corporation.
Gazipur District is divided into the following upazilas:
- Dhaka-Tongi diversion road connects Gazipur with Dhaka.
- Dhaka-Savar-Tangail road connects Gazipur With Savar and Manikgonj.
- There are seven railway stations in the Gazipur district.
There are five universities in Gazipur: Islamic University of Technology, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University (formerly the Institute of Postgraduate Studies on Agriculture), Dhaka University of Engineering and Technology, Bangladesh Open University, Bangladesh National University.
There are 19 degree colleges in the district. Honors level colleges include: Kaliakair Degree College, Jatir Pita Bangabandhu Degree College, Kaligonj Sramik College, Kapasia Degree College (founded in 1965), and Kazi Azim Uddin College.
- ওয়েলফশন মানবকল্যাণ সংঘ (EN- Welftion Human Welfare Association)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gazipur District.|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Gazipur District.|
- Bangladesh Continual: Zip Codes of Gazipur District
- Postal Zip Codes (postcode) for Gazipur District – Amardesh
- Md Farid Uddin Ahmed (2012). "Gazipur District". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. (eds.). Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- "Gazipur District Town". Wikimapia. 2012. Retrieved November 27, 2020.
- AL men appointed administrators, The Daily Star, December 16, 2011
- "10 districts get new DCs". bdnews24.com. 16 January 2012.
- "Masters Level College". Ministry of Education. Retrieved July 15, 2014.
- "Degree (Pass) Level College". Ministry of Education. Retrieved July 15, 2014.
- "School & College". Ministry of Education. Retrieved July 15, 2014.
- "Fazil Madrasha". Ministry of Education. Retrieved July 15, 2014.
- "Kamil Madrasha". Ministry of Education. Retrieved July 15, 2014.
- "ওয়েলফশন এর করোনা কর্মসূচি সমাপ্ত ও ঈদ উপহার সামগ্রী বিতরণ। - PBN24". pbn24.com. Retrieved 2020-05-26.