Geronimo Stilton (TV series)
|Also known as||The New Adventures of Geronimo Stilton (season 3)|
|Based on||Geronimo Stilton book series|
by Elisabetta Dami
|Developed by||Pietro Marietti|
|Theme music composer|
|Country of origin|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||78 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||23 minutes (original)|
30 minutes (G4TV edit)
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Original release||September 15, 2009 –|
February 28, 2017
Geronimo Stilton (also known as The New Adventures of Geronimo Stilton in season 3) is an Italian animated children's television series based on the book series of the same name by Elisabetta Dami. The series was produced by Atlantyca Entertainment and Rai Fiction in collaboration with the French studio Moonscoop LLC for seasons 1–2, while for season 3 it was co-produced by Superprod, Back UP Media, and CNC, replacing the crew of Moonscoop.
The show ran for 78 episodes across three seasons, and it debuted on Rai 2 in Italy on September 15, 2009. The second season aired on October 24, 2011, and the third season on October 8, 2016, which the show ended on as of February 28, 2017.  There are many differences from the book series, such as a TV series replacement for Miss Angel Paws (Benjamin Stilton's school teacher in the book series) named Jason Agnew (voiced by himself).
Geronimo Stilton is about the titular character, a mouse journalist and head of the Geronimo Stilton Media Group. He searches New Mouse City for new scoops while having adventures along the way with his nephew Benjamin, cousin Trap, younger sister Thea Stilton and Benjamin's friend Pandora Woz. The episodes share no story connections and are generally self-contained, though some episodes feature ties and characters from others.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||26||September 15, 2009||March 18, 2010|
|2||26||October 24, 2011||April 16, 2012|
|3||26||October 8, 2016||February 28, 2017|
This section needs additional citations for verification. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Geronimo Stilton (voiced by Brian Drummond) is the publisher of The Rodent's Gazette, and also the president of the Geronimo Stilton Media Group. He is also the world chess champion after the events of the episode "Gem Gang". He is portrayed as brave in the television series, even though in the books he was never depicted himself as valiant and has no glasses. Geronimo has a love of knowledge and has a sense of ethics and morals, but despite this he is still a bit of a klutz. He leads one of the most successful publication groups in the world. Geronimo stars in the book and television series alongside his younger sister Thea Stilton, his prankster cousin Trap Stilton, and his nephew Benjamin.
- Thea Stilton (voiced by Sarah Edmondson) is Geronimo's younger sister and the special correspondent for The Rodent's Gazette. For a time, Thea taught a journalism class at whale island university, and while there she met five mouselets. These mouselets, Pamela, Paulina, Violet, Colette, and Nicky named themselves the Thea sisters, after their favorite teacher, Thea Stilton. She flies the team in her metamouse , which can turn into a submarine, boat, and plane to locations that Thea, Trap, Benjamin, and Geronimo are exploring for an articles in The Rodent's Gazette. Thea is always ready to jump into action. She also drives a motorcycle and a Helicopter which is portrayed to the book.
- Trap Stilton (voiced by Richard Ian Cox) is Geronimo's cousin. He lives in a trailer located in a beautiful park and is an expert chef, yet none of the meals he cooks up are tasty to Geronimo. He travels along with Geronimo when he's called on. Trap is a joker and loves to play tricks on others, especially Geronimo who he considers to be gullible. Still, he has a big heart and doesn't play jokes to be mean. He is also easily frightened.
- Benjamin Stilton (voiced by Erin Mathews) is the 12-year-old nephew of Geronimo and is a hip near-genius at computers and electronics. He is dynamic and perk, although he can be impatient sometimes, and he loves skateboarding and sports. He works with his uncle at The Rodent's Gazette, running a computer news blog after school. He has a robot mouse named Max.
- Pandora Woz (voiced by Moneca Stori in season 1 and Monica Smouter in seasons 2–3) is Benjamin's best friend though her name is different then it was in the book. She is very enthusiastic about the adventures Geronimo travels on, and she often comes along for the ride. She likes Thea because they share a similar high-spirited enthusiasm for life. Trap and Pandora also get along as well for both like to play pranks on Geronimo. She has a tendency to get distracted easily which leads her into danger. Pandora also has a hamster, Mr. Nibbles.
- Sally Ratmousen (voiced by Patricia Drake) is the main antagonist of the series. She is the publisher of The Daily Rat, The Rodent's Gazette's main competitor and rival. She is the primary cause of trouble for the Stilton crew when they are in New Mouse City, and she has a personal grudge against Geronimo.
- Simon Squealer (Brian Drummond) works for The Daily Rat as the personal assistant of Sally. He would do any dirty business for Sally. Simon protects his job at all costs, and goes to great lengths to dig up dirt on some famous mouse in New Mouse City.
- William Shortpaws is Geronimo's grandfather, and former owner of The Rodents Gazette as he started his newspaper empire by selling newspapers as a child. Currently, he oversees Geronimo's operation of his company, and he knows exactly the way he wants things to be. Occasionally when Geronimo least expects it, he drops into The Rodent's Gazette to check on how he is doing even though he has retired.
- Chippy P. Crunchrat (David Kaye) a greedy businessman who is willing to do anything in his power to make his name in glory when his Chip franchise went downhill, he is a recurring antagonist in season two from kidnapping Geronimo to causing national disasters in South America (Temple of the Dragons Gasp) to melting the Arctic circle (Pole Rat).
- Professor von Volt (Lee Tockar) is a scientist, inventor, and an old friend of Geronimo. He invented Benjamin's Benpad and his robotic mouse. He always stays in his lab to have some experiments and sometimes like to help Geronimo whenever he is free. He is a recurring character from inventing a time machine (The Cave Mouse) to a translating device (If I Could Talk to the Animals). He also invented many other such as the Mind Mingler (Trade off) and a copier (Double Trap).
- Ratswami (voiced by Alistair Abell) is an antagonist and hypnotist for New Mouse City. He once hypnotized the people of New Mouse City in (Hypno Tick Tok). He is one of the recurring characters in season one when he hypnotized Geronimo to be his servant, which he was framed as a suspect to an overnight robbery. He also hypnotized Geronimo's grandfather (William Shortpaws) to marry Sally so she can take over The Rodents Gazette (A Brief Engagement).
- Prince Nogouda (voiced by Trevor Devall) is also an antagonist who lives in a palace in the Bandell jungle. It is revealed in (Operation Shufongfong) that he captured rare animals from all over the world including two rare lizards. In (Clean Sweep) him and his guards captured Thea to marry him and be his Princess in order to save his wealth and riches before its too late.
- Those Guys (voiced by Tom Bergeron and April Stewart) are the octopus-like monsters (the Benjamin and Pandora lookalike, respectively) and bosses of Benjamin Stilton and Pandora Woz. Original known as the Basement Monsters, they have adult like voices. That Guy is 22 years old, and That Other Guy is 4 years old.
- Jason Agnew (voiced by himself) is the teacher of Benjamin Stilton. He is 24 years old. He makes students mad and forces Benjamin to make a Adolf Hitler-like costume on one occasion.
Geronimo Stilton is produced by Atlantyca and Rai Fiction in Italy, Moonscoop LLC in France for seasons 1–2, and M6 and Superprod in France in season 3. On April 15, 2010, it was announced that the series would continue with a second season of 26 episodes, which premiered in Italy on October 24, 2011. A third season was announced on February 6, 2013, and on October 14, 2014 it was announced that France-based studio Superprod would help with the production, thus replacing the crew of Moonscoop LLC.
The series was animated using Toon Boom Harmony. The animation was outsourced to Toon City, Snipple Animation for season 1-2 and Top Draw Animation for season 3 located in Philippines and Dong Woo Animation for season 2 located in South Korea.
Geronimo Stilton debuted on Rai 2 in Italy on September 15, 2009, and later the show premiered on Rai Gulp.[when?] The series aired on Ici Radio-Canada Télé and YTV in Canada,[when?] M6 in France, Cartoon Network in Spain, Okto in Singapore,[when?] Nickelodeon in the Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, and Sweden, NTV7 in Malaysia,[when?] Eleven in Australia in July,[when?] and TVNZ in New Zealand.[when?] In the United States, the series was added to Kabillion's VOD service.[when?] In the United Kingdom and other countries in Europe, the series was streamed on the Nintendo 3DS on February 6, 2017. The third season debuted on Knowledge in Canada on June 30, 2018. The series is also available on Netflix. In the United States, it airs on G4TV.
In 2013 The shows trailer was on YouTube Movies in Both Canada and the USA, which showcased the season one collection as the well as the first episode (Operation Shufongfong).
|DVD title||Season(s)||Aspect ratio||Episode count||Publisher||Release date(s)|
|Volume 1||1||16:9||13||Imavision||August 24, 2010|
|Volume 2||March 29, 2011|
|Volume 3||2||August 21, 2012|
|Volume 4||March 12, 2013|
|Operation Shufongfong||1||4||Entertainment One||September 24, 2013|
|Intrigue on the Rodent Express||February 2, 2014|
|Going down to Chinatown and Other Adventures||July 22, 2014|
|Top Model Thea||February 17, 2015|
|Volume 5||3||13||Unidisc||June 30, 2017|
|Volume 6||October 10, 2017|
|DVD title||Season(s)||Aspect ratio||Episode count||Total running time||Release date(s)|
|Operation Shufongfong and Other Fun Filled Escapades||1||16:9||7||TBA||September 25, 2014|
|Intrigue on the Rodent Express and Other Fun Filled Escapades||6||TBA||June 11, 2014|
|The Gem Gang and Other Fun Filled Escapades||7||TBA||October 29, 2015|
|Rules of the Game and Other Fun Filled Escapades||6||TBA||October 29, 2015|
Emily Ashby of Common Sense Media rated Geronimo Stilton 4 out of 5 stars, stating the series "[engages] kids in characters who star in a TV show and a book series and giving families a reason to enjoy their stories in both formats together."
Awards and nominations
|2010||Cartoons On the Bay, Pulcinella Awards||TV Series for Kids||Geronimo Stilton||Nominated|||
- "GERONIMO STILTON THE NEW ADVENTURES". Atlantyca. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "The New Adventures of Geronimo Stilton". Superprod. Archived from the original on 2018-07-17. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- Camerino, Francesca (2009-09-10). "Geronimo Stilton in onda su Raidue dal 15 settembre" [Geronimo Stilton aired on Raidue since September 15]. TvBlog (in Italian). Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- McLean, Tom (2010-04-15). "Second Season of Geronimo Stilton Ordered". Animation Magazine. Retrieved 2010-05-23.
- Zahed, Ramin (2013-02-06). "Third Season of 'Geronimo Stilton' Goes into Production". Animation Magazine. Retrieved 2015-10-02.
- Milligan, Mercedes (2014-10-14). "Atlantyca, Superprod Team Up for New 'Geronimo Stilton' Series". Animation Magazine. Retrieved 2015-10-02.
- "Geronimo Stilton Travels on Harmony to Resolve Mysteries". Toon Boom Animation. Corus Entertainment. Retrieved April 6, 2018.
- "Geronimo Stilton". Ici Radio-Canada Télé. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "GERONIMO STILTON IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND". Atlantyca. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "Geronimo Stilton". Television New Zealand. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- Gander, Matt (2017-02-06). "Running late but still great – Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber hits Wii U VC". Games Asylum. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "Knowledge Kids Posts". Knowledge Network. June 30, 2018. Retrieved August 1, 2018.
- "Imavision: la fin?". DVD en Francis. February 9, 2014. Retrieved April 6, 2018.
- Zahid, Ramin (August 20, 2013). "'Geronimo Stilton' Debuts on DVD Next Month". Animation Magazine. Retrieved April 6, 2018.
- "Geronimo Stilton: Volume 1". Amazon.com. 2010-08-24. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "Geronimo Stilton: Volume 2". Amazon.com. 2011-03-29. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "Geronimo Stilton - Eng / Volume 3". Amazon.com. 2012-08-21. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "Geronimo Stilton - Eng / Volume 4". Amazon.com. 2013-03-12. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "Geronimo Stilton: Operation Shufongfong". Barnes & Noble. 2013-09-24. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- "Geronimo Stilton: Intrigue on the Rodent Express". Barnes & Noble. 2014-02-04. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- "Geronimo Stilton: Going down to Chinatown and Other Adventures". Barnes & Noble. 2014-07-22. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- "Geronimo Stilton: Top Model Thea". Barnes & Noble. 2015-02-17. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- "Geronimo Stilton 2 DVD Bilingual". Amazon.com. 2017-06-30. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- "Geronimo Stilton 6". Amazon.com. 2017-10-10. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- "Geronimo Stilton : Season 1 Volume 1". DVD Warehouse. 2014-09-25. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "Geronimo Stilton: Volume 1 (Operation Shufongfong and other fun filled Escapades) DVD". OzFalcon2801.com. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "Geronimo Stilton - Season 1 Volume 2". JB Hi-Fi. 2014-06-11. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "Geronimo Stilton: Volume 2 (Intrigue on the Rodent Express and Other Fun Filled Escapades) DVD". OzFalcon2801.com. Retrieved 2017-06-28.[permanent dead link]
- "Geronimo Stilton - Season 1 Volume 3". JB Hi-Fi. 2015-10-29. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "Geronimo Stilton: The Gem Gang and Other Fun Filled Escapades - Volume 3 DVD". OzFalcon2801.com. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "Geronimo Stilton : Season 1 : Vol 4". DVD Warehouse. 2015-10-29. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "Geronimo Stilton: Rules of the Game and Other Fun Filled Escapades - Volume 4 DVD". OzFalcon2801.com. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- Ashby, Emily. "Geronimo Stilton". Common Sense Media. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- Zahed, Ramin (2010-03-09). "Don Bluth to Receive Cartoons on the Bay's Lifetime Achievement Honor". Animation Magazine. Retrieved 2017-06-28.