Gillian McAllister (born 28 February 1985) is a British author, best known for bestselling debut novel Everything But The Truth (2017), which reached number 6 on the Sunday Times Bestseller lists and deals with themes of trust in relationships. McAllister’s second novel, Anything You Do Say (2017), was released as an e-book in 2017 and in paperback in 2018. It reached number 12 on the Sunday Times Bestsellers list and was an ebook bestseller. Her third novel, No Further Questions is to be released in autumn 2018. Putnam, an imprint of Penguin USA, are publishing it in 2019 under the title The Good Sister.
Life and career
McAllister was born in Sutton Coldfield and raised in Tamworth. After attending Belgrave High School in Tamworth (now known as Tamworth Enterprise College) and receiving A-Levels, McAllister read English at the University of Birmingham, receiving a 2:1 BA Hons. She then converted to law, studying the GDL and receiving a commendation. McAllister received a distinction in her Legal Practice Course (LPC) from The College of Law, before working as a solicitor in two Birmingham-based legal practises.
McAllister wrote fiction in her spare time throughout adulthood, often writing in the evenings and commutes to and from work. She finished her first full (unpublished) novel while suffering from glandular fever for two years. Her debut published novel, Everything But The Truth, was published by Michael Joseph , an imprint of Penguin Random House UK, . In its first week, Everything But The Truth reached number six in the Sunday Times Bestseller List. Translation rights have been sold to several foreign publishers.
In March 2017, McAllister signed a deal with Michael Joseph to release another two novels.
In June 2018, Penguin USA acquired her third novel, No Further Questions. Its US title is The Good Sister.
- Everything But The Truth (2017) (Gillian McAllister) ISBN 1405928263
- Anything You Do Say (2017) (Gillian McAllister) ISBN 1405928271
- No Further Questions (2018) (Gillian McAllister)
- The Evidence Against You (2019) (Gillian McAllister)
- "The Sunday Times Bestsellers, March 26". The Sunday Times. 26 March 2017. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
- "Spotlight: Gillian McAllister". Express and Star. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
- Gillian, McAllister. "Starting A Relationship While Bed Bound By Gillian McAllister". Female First. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
- Potter, Kerry. "#WorldBookDay: 12 books to read right now (and they're all written by bad ass women) 📚".
- "Gillian McAllister". www.penguin.co.uk.
- "Gillian McAllister". Darley Anderson. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
- Katherine, Cowdrey. "Gillian McAllister signs two-book deal with Michael Joseph". The Bookseller. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- Dugdale, Review by John (12 November 2017). "Book review: The Midnight Line by Lee Child; The House by Simon Lelic; The People vs Alex Cross by James Patterson; Anything You Do Say by Gillian McAllister" – via www.thetimes.co.uk.