|Birth name||Gjon Muharremaj|
|Born||June 29, 1998|
Broc, Fribourg, Switzerland
Gjon Muharremaj (Albanian pronunciation: [ɟɔn muharɛmaj]; born 29 June 1998), known professionally as Gjon's Tears, is a Swiss singer and songwriter. He would have represented Switzerland in the Eurovision Song Contest 2020 held in Rotterdam, Netherlands with the song "Répondez-moi". However the contest was cancelled, due to the Covid-19 pandemic. On Instagram, Gjon confirmed he will represent Switzerland at the Eurovision Song Contest 2021.
In 2011, at the age of 12, Muharremaj competed in the first season of the talent show Albanians Got Talent, placing third in the final. One year later, he reached the semi-final of Die grössten Schweizer Talente. In 2019, he auditioned for the eighth season of the French singing competition The Voice: la plus belle voix and reached the semi-finals with Team Mika.
|The Voice: la plus belle voix performances and results|
|Blind Audition||"Christine"||Christine and the Queens||Joined Team Mika|
|The Battles||"Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me"||Elton John & George Michael||Winner|
|The Knockouts||"Under Pressure"||Queen & David Bowie||Advanced|
|Live Show 1||"SOS d'un terrien en détresse"||Daniel Balavoine||Advanced|
|Live Show 2||"Rocket Man"||Elton John||Advanced|
|Semi-Final||"Relax, Take It Easy"||Mika||Eliminated|
|"Life on Mars"||David Bowie|
2020-: Eurovision Song Contest
On 4 March 2020, it was announced that the Swiss broadcaster SRG SSR had internally selected Muharremaj to represent Switzerland at the Eurovision Song Contest 2020 held in Rotterdam, Netherlands with the song "Répondez-moi". Following its cancellation due to the coronavirus pandemic, SRG SSR announced on 20 March 2020 that he would represent Switzerland at the Eurovision Song Contest 2021 with a new song.
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Back in Light"||—||—|
- Ferrato, Luca (4 March 2020). "Eurovision 2020: Gjon's Tears rappresenterà la Svizzera con "Répondez moi"". OGAE Italy (in Italian). Retrieved 5 March 2020.
- "Switzerland picks Gjon's Tears with French 'Repondez-moi' for Rotterdam". Eurovision.tv. European Broadcasting Union. 4 March 2020. Retrieved 4 March 2020.
- "Gjon Muharremaj, shqiptari që befasoi jurinë e "The Voice" në Francë me zërin e tij". telegrafi.com (in Albanian). 22 May 2019. Retrieved 4 March 2020.
- "Das ist unser ESC-Kandidat: Gjon's Tears". Schweizer Radio und Fernsehen (in German). 4 March 2020. Retrieved 5 March 2020.
- Farren, Neil (4 March 2020). "Switzerland: Gjon's Tears to Eurovision 2020". Eurovoix.
- "Le Fribourgeois Gjon's Tears représentera la Suisse à l'Eurovision". La Liberté (in French). 4 March 2020. Retrieved 5 March 2020.
- "Discographie Gjon's Tears". hitparade.ch. Retrieved 16 March 2020.
- Note: "The Top List" are the charts conducted by Top Channel since December 2015.
with "She Got Me"
| Switzerland in the Eurovision Song Contest
|This Swiss biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to music is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about the Eurovision Song Contest is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|