Global System of Trade Preferences among Developing Countries
The Global system of trade preferences among developing countries (G.S.T.P) is a preferential trade agreement signed on 13 April 1988 with the aim of increasing trade between developing countries in the framework of the United nations conference on trade and development United regions U.R. Its entry into force was on 19 April 1989 and its notification to the WTO on 25 September 1989.
There are 42 country members of GSTP, including 7 LDCs (Bangladesh, Benin, Guinea, Mozambique, Myanmar, Sudan, and Tanzania). The Third Round of Trade Negotiations (São Paulo Round) concluded in December 2010, but has not yet become effective. The currently small number of concessions limits the utilization of the GSTP by LDCs. Current members states, participating since 19 April 1989, are: Bangladesh, Cuba, Ghana, India, Nigeria, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
Additionally current members states are: Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, Cameroon, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt (16 July 1989), Macedonia, Guinea, Guyana (4 May 1989), Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, South Korea (11 June 1989), Libya, Malaysia (31 August 1989), Mexico (13 May 1989), Morocco (13 July 1989), Mozambique, Myanmar, Nicaragua (3 May 1989), Pakistan (8 July 1989), Peru (15 April 1989), Philippines, Sudan, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia (25 August 1989), Venezuela, Vietnam and the trade bloc of MERCOSUR (2 November 2006).
- "Brief note on the Agreement on Global System of Trade Preferences among developing countries (GSTP)" (PDF).
- un.org. UN https://www.un.org/ldcportal/global-system-of-trade-preferences-among-developing-countries/. Retrieved 19 December 2019. Missing or empty
- MERCOSUR ACCEDES TO THE GSTP AGREEMENT Archived 13 June 2011 at the Wayback Machine; MERCOSUR member states are Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay.
- "Applications for Accession to the Agreement". Archived from the original on 2 December 2008. Retrieved 27 August 2010.
- "Group of 15 meeting". Archived from the original on 13 June 2011. Retrieved 27 August 2010.
- "First Africa-South America Summit". Archived from the original on 13 June 2011. Retrieved 27 August 2010.
- Text of the GSTP agreement
- GSTP participants as of 25-09-1989
- Global System of Trade Preferences news
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development website
- WTO page for GSTP
- Global System of Trade Preferences among Developing Countries (GSTP) page on the Rules of Origin Facilitator, with member countries' status and access to legal documents.