Glyn Tarell location within Powys
|OS grid reference|
|• Cardiff||31.8 mi (51.2 km)|
|• London||146.1 mi (235.1 km)|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Fire||Mid and West Wales|
Glyn Tarell is a valley and a community in the county of Powys, Wales, and the historic county of Brecknockshire. It is in the Brecon Beacons National Park and at the northern edge of the Brecon Beacons mountains.
The Taff Trail runs through the valley. The administrative area of the community extends over a wide area of sparsely populated land, and extends south beyond the watershed to include the highest part of the River Taff and the Beacons Reservoir. Much of its northern boundary is formed by the River Usk. The peak Pen y Fan (886 m) is at the eastern boundary of the community. The main (but small) villages in the Community are Libanus and Llanspyddid.
(Glyn Tarell is 32 miles (51 km) from Cardiff and 146 miles (235 km) from London.)
- Tarell Bangor University Placenames Unit (Canolfan Bedwyr); Archived 12 May 2014 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 9 May 2014
- Google Maps (Map). Google.
- Welsh Government website; 2011 Census Returns and stats; Archived 30 May 2014 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 9 May 2014
- "The Councillors". Cyngor Cymuned Glyn Tarell. Retrieved 4 February 2018.
- Media related to Glyn Tarell at Wikimedia Commons
|This Powys location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|