Little Finland (also known as Hobgoblin’s Playground and Devil’s Fire) is a scenic red rock area, located in a remote section of Clark County, Nevada south of Mesquite, known for its red rock scenery and strangely-shaped, delicate rock formations. The landscape is similar to Valley of Fire State Park, which is about 20 miles (32 km) to the west, across Lake Mead. The rock formations are composed of red Aztec Sandstone, fossil sand dunes. Many of the features are small erosional fins, hence the name.
Little Finland is accessible via the BLM Gold Butte Backcountry Byway, which also goes through the historic mining town of Gold Butte, Nevada, established in 1908. Other nearby attractions include Whitney Pockets, another scenic red rock area with petroglyphs, and the Devils Throat, a sinkhole. The Gold Butte region is public land managed by the Bureau of Land Management that contains seven BLM-designated Areas of Critical Environmental Concern (ACEC). Since December 2016, Little Finland and the surrounding area have additional federal protection within Gold Butte National Monument.
Two BLM wilderness areas are nearby. The Lime Canyon Wilderness  borders Little Finland and the west side of the Gold Butte Byway loop. The Jumbo Springs Wilderness  is south of the Gold Butte townsite.
- Lake Mead National Recreation Area, to the west and south of Little Finland 
- Grand Canyon-Parashant National Monument, to the east, in Arizona 
- Bureau of Land Management Back Country Byway
- Nevada magazine, May/June 2012 Archived 2013-12-24 at the Wayback Machine
- BLM Gold Butte Backcountry Byway Archived 2013-12-25 at the Wayback Machine at BLM
- ACEC designations, Gold Butte
- "BLM ACEC map" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-12-24. Retrieved 2013-12-23.
- Obama Designates Two New National Monuments, Protecting 1.65 Million Acres. Davenport, Coral. The New York Times, March 10, 2017
- Lime Canyon Wilderness Archived 2013-12-25 at the Wayback Machine at BLM
- Jumbo Springs Wilderness Archived 2013-12-24 at the Wayback Machine at BLM
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Little Finland.|
- Gold Butte Back Country Byway, map and guide
- Gold Butte ghost town.
- Native American Cultural Gem at Risk. Gold Butte. Wilderness.org