Golden East Crossing
|Location||Rocky Mount, North Carolina|
|Address||1100 North Wesleyan Boulevard|
|No. of stores and services||50+|
|No. of anchor tenants||7|
|Total retail floor area||574,172 square feet|
|No. of floors||1|
Golden East Crossing is a shopping mall in Rocky Mount, North Carolina. Opened in 1986, the mall features Belk, Books-A-Million, Conn's, Dunham's Sports, J. C. Penney, and Ross Dress for Less. It is managed by Hendon Properties.
Proffitt's was closed in 2005. Part of the store became Bed Bath & Beyond that year, while the rest became Ross Dress for Less a year later. Petco was added in 2008, replacing a Books-A-Million bookstore which moved to the former theater space. Best Buy and Sears both closed in 2012. A year later, Dunham's Sports was confirmed to be opening in the vacated Sears. Petco closed on January 24, 2015. Bed Bath & Beyond closed at the mall in 2016, while the same year, Conn's opened in the spaces previously occupied by Petco and Best Buy. Fallas opened in the former Bed Bath & Beyond on July 26, 2018.
- "Properties". O'Leary Partners. Archived from the original on 3 January 2014. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Proffitt's, Inc. Announces Acquisition of North Carolina Based Brody's". Business Wire. 6 March 1998. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Murphy, Tom (5 November 2004). "Best Buy opens in Rocky Mount". Rocky Mount Telegram.
- Murphy, Tom (20 May 2004). "Cinema Grill officials mum on plans for area theater". Rocky Mount Telegram.
- Murphy, Tom (24 July 2005). "Golden East Crossing to introduce changes". Rocky Mount Telegram.
- Murphy, Tom (4 August 2005). "Multiple stores may occupy Proffitt's site". Rocky Mount Telegram.
- Murphy, Tom (20 September 2005). "Bed Bath & Beyond filling Proffitt's slot". Rocky Mount Telegram.
- "Ross Dress for Less holds grand opening today". Rocky Mount Telegram. 24 September 2006.
- "Golden East Crossing to add new stores". Rocky Mount Telegram. 13 February 2007.
- "Best Buy in Rocky Mount to close May 12". Rocky Mount Telegram. 14 April 2012. Archived from the original on 3 January 2014. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Henderson, John (24 April 2013). "Dunham's Sports to open in Golden East Crossing". Rocky Mount Telegram. Retrieved 3 January 2014.