Golden Community Church
|Time zone||UTC-8 (Pacific (PST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-7 (PDT)|
Golden Historic District
|Location||3482 Coyote Creek Rd., Wolf Creek, Oregon|
|Area||98.6 acres (39.9 ha)|
|Architectural style||Queen Anne|
|NRHP reference No.||02000825|
|Added to NRHP||July 25, 2002|
Wolf Creek was first settled in the late 1840s when gold was discovered. However, most of the settlers left when gold was found in the nearby Salmon River in 1850. The abandoned town was eventually used by Chinese miners, who took over the abandoned mines. Several years later, they were driven out as the previous people living here returned from the Salmon River.
By 1892, over 150 people lived along Coyote Creek. A Campbellite church and general store were constructed, and in 1896 the Golden post office established. In 1915, a stamp mill was built.
In 1920, the post office closed.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. July 9, 2010.
- Weis, Norman (1993). Ghost Towns of the Northwest. Caxton Press. pp. 67–71. ISBN 978-0-87004-358-1. Retrieved July 30, 2009.
- Friedman, Ralph (1990). In Search of Western Oregon. Caxton Press. p. 558. ISBN 978-0-87004-332-1. Retrieved July 30, 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Golden Historic District.|