Golden West College
|Motto||Oceans of Opportunity|
15744 Goldenwest Street, Huntington Beach, CA 92647,
|Colors||Gold and Green|
|Affiliations||Coast Community College District|
Golden West College, Orange Coast College, and Coastline Community College comprise the Coast Community College District (CCCD). The district is a regional organization providing administrative services and funding for post-secondary education. The state of California charters the CCCD to provide community college services.
GWC possesses several clubs on campus for students to join. The C.A.R.E. CLUB is for single mothers dedicated to their children and their education. The California Nursing Student Association (CNSA) is to increase professional awareness and the growth of nursing students. The Peace & Leadership Club is for creating a culture of peace. Also the Alpha Gamma Sigma Honor Society - Sigma Pi Chapter is the longest existing organization/club on campus since 1969.
The mission of GWC is to provide inexpensive education in the trades, licensed trades and skilled professions, as well as remedial and transferable lower-division courses for students who plan to transfer to either a California State University, a campus of the University of California, or another university.
California State Community College Championships
- Women's Basketball: 1979, 1990, 1991
- Field Hockey: 1980
- Women's Gymnastics: 1979
- Men's Soccer: 1977
- Softball:1975, 1979, 1981, 1983, 1984
- Men's Swimming: 1985,1986, 1990, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2014, 2015
- Women's Swimming: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2013
- Women's Tennis: 1980
- Men's Track Shot Put: 2010
- Women's Track Hammer: 2010
- Men's Volleyball: 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999
- Women's Volleyball: 1979, 1984, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997,1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
- Men's Water Polo: 1976, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1985, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2002, 2008, 2009, 2011
- Women's Water Polo: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2009
Golden West's softball team has appeared in one Women's College World Series in 1974 at the college level. Golden West also won the AIAW junior/community college national championship in 1975, 1976 and 1977. The 1975 title came in a perfect game, 22-0 victory over Northeastern Colorado, shortened to 5 innings by the mercy rule.
- Patty Cardenas - Olympic silver medalist, water polo
- Doug Fabian - Investment writer and advisor
- Vivica A. Fox - Actress
- Doug Gottlieb - ESPN basketball analyst
- Jack Haley - basketball player with Los Angeles Lakers and Chicago Bulls
- Peter Janov - Slovakian Actor
- Jesse Juarez - JUCO All-American and California JC state champion wrestler; an American mixed martial artist
- James McDonald - Pittsburgh Pirates pitcher
- Tito Ortiz - 2-time NJCAA State Champion wrestler; professional mixed martial artist, former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion, UFC Hall of Fame member
- Glenn Parker - NFL football with Buffalo Bills and New York Giants
- Michelle Pfeiffer - Actress
- Joseph Santos - Artist/Painter
- Jonathan Uyloan - Rain or Shine Elasto Painters Guard
- Paul McBeth - 4-time PDGA World Champion; professional disc golfer
- Matija Jancic - World renowned hot dog eating champion. 8 time Australian National champ. 4 time world champ (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- Institute of Education Services
- Plummer, William; Floyd, Larry C. (2013). A Series Of Their Own: History Of The Women's College World Series. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States: Turnkey Communications Inc. ISBN 978-0-9893007-0-4.
- Djanseziang, Kevork (March 17, 2015). "Seal Beach's Jack Haley, who played for UCLA, Chicago Bulls, Lakers, dead at 51". The Orange County Register. Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- "Internet Movie Database Peter Janov Mini Biography". Retrieved 2019-06-01.
- , Sherdog web page
- "Tito Ortiz UFC Hall of Fame". Retrieved 2014-01-01.