Good News Publishers
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founder||Clyde and Muriel Dennis|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Wheaton, Illinois|
|Publication types||Books, ESV Bibles, Tracts|
Good News Publishers is a non-profit evangelical Christian business that publishes and distributes Christian books and gospel tracts. The publisher was founded by Clyde and Muriel Dennis in 1938. They began Good News Publishers working out of their spare bedroom in Minneapolis, MN.
Good News Publishers was created to publish tracts and booklets for evangelistic work worldwide, while Crossway concentrated on producing books by well-known authors.
In 1979, Good News Publishers expanded their business by creating a book publishing subsidiary, Crossway Books.
Under the leadership of Lane Dennis, Clyde and Muriel's son, Crossway Books has published more than 1,500 titles, including books by Francis A. Schaeffer, Martyn Lloyd-Jones, John Piper, John MacArthur, J. I. Packer, Chuck Colson, Frank Peretti, Max Lucado, Joni Eareckson Tada, and D. A. Carson.
You're Special, written by Ted Griffin and first published on September 1, 1982, is the all-time best-selling tract by Good News Publishers. The English tract has been translated into Russian and Spanish.
In 2012, Good News took over the operations of the American Tract Society.
- "History - Crossway Books". crossway.org. 05/02/2017. Check date values in:
- "History - Crossway Books". https://www.crossway.org. 05/02/2017. Check date values in:
|date=(help); External link in
- "Home page". Good News/Crossway.
- "History - Crossway Books". crossway.org. 5/2/2017. Check date values in:
- "List of best selling tracts". Good News/Crossway.
- Griffin, Ted. You're Special. Good News Publishers.
- Where There Is a Vision. Wheaton: Good News Publishers. 1988. ISBN 0-89107-519-4.[better source needed]