Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up grain, gráin, gràin, or gräin in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Grains are the seeds of arable crops or the crops bearing them.
Grain or grains may also refer to:
- Grain (textile), the orientation of a woven textile used in a garment
- Grain (unit), a unit of mass equal to 64.79891 milligrams, 1⁄7,000 of an avoirdupois pound
- Grains per gallon, a unit of water hardness
- Grain, a solid-fuel rocket's propellant charge; roughly a hollow cylinder, sometimes textured, and possibly very large
- Crystallite or "grain" in metallurgy, a single crystal inside solid-state matter
- Film grain, the gritty texture sometimes apparent on images produced using photographic film or paper (grainy)
- Grain size (or particle size), for particles of rock in geology
- Wood grain, the alignment and texture of the fibres in wood
Arts, entertainment, and media
- Grain (cipher), a stream cipher designed for restricted hardware environments
- Grain 128a, successor of Grain cipher
- Grain (surfboard company), a company that manufactures hollow wooden surfboards
- Grain (company), a Series B Singaporean food-delivery startup
- GRAIN, an international non-governmental organization for sustainable agriculture
- Grain of salt, an idiom
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Grain.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.