Great Britain at the 1968 Summer Olympics
|Great Britain at the|
1968 Summer Olympics
|NOC||British Olympic Association|
|in Mexico City|
|Competitors||225 (175 men and 50 women) in 16 sports|
|Flag bearer||Lynn Davies (opening)|
David Hemery (closing)
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
|Other related appearances|
|1906 Intercalated Games|
Great Britain, represented by the British Olympic Association (BOA), competed at the 1968 Summer Olympics in Mexico City, Mexico. 225 competitors, 175 men and 50 women, took part in 133 events in 16 sports. British athletes have competed in every Summer Olympic Games.
- David Hemery — Athletics, Men's 400m Hurdles
- Chris Finnegan — Boxing, Men's Middleweight
- Derek Allhusen, Jane Bullen, Ben Jones, and Richard Meade — Equestrian, Three-Day Event Team Competition
- Bob Braithwaite — Shooting, Men's Trap Shooting
- Rodney Pattisson & Iain MacDonald-Smith — Sailing, Men's Flying Dutchman
- Lillian Board — Athletics, Women's 400 metres
- Sheila Sherwood — Athletics, Women's Long Jump
- Derek Allhusen — Equestrian, Three-Day Event Individual Competition
- Marion Coakes — Equestrian, Jumping Individual Competition
- Martyn Woodroffe — Swimming, Men's 200m Butterfly
- John Sherwood — Athletics, Men's 400m Hurdles
- David Broome — Equestrian, Jumping Individual Competition
- Robin Aisher, Paul Anderson, and Adrian Jardine — Sailing, Men's 5½ Meter Class
Men's Hammer Throw
- Qualifying Round — 68.06m
- Final — 67.62m (→ 10th place)
- Final Result — 4.786 points (→ 10th place)
Men's Heavyweight (+ 81 kg)
- First Round — Lost to Ionas Chepulis (URS), TKO-3
Fourteen cyclists represented Great Britain in 1968.
17 fencers, 12 men and 5 women, represented Great Britain in 1968.
Three male pentathletes represented Great Britain in 1968.
|Kenny Dwan||Single sculls||8:03.95||4 R||7:41.98||1 SF||7:55.90||3 FA||8:13.76||6|
Timothy Kirk (cox)
|Eight||6:22.20||6 R||6:43.55||5 FB||N/A||6:29.23||10|
Ten shooters, all men, represented Great Britain in 1968. Bob Braithwaite won gold in the trap.
- "Great Britain at the 1968 Mexico City Summer Games". sports-reference.com. Archived from the original on 3 April 2010. Retrieved 29 December 2010.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Great Britain Rowing at the 1968 Ciudad de México Summer Games". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 17 April 2020. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- Alvarez, José Rogelio (1969). The Official Report of the Organising Committee for the Games of the XIX Olympiad Mexico 1968: Volume III part 1 (PDF) (PDF). Mexico City, Mexico: Organizing Committee of the Games of the XIX Olympiad. pp. 550f. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 March 2012. Retrieved 11 October 2016.