Great Lakes Summer Collegiate League
|Motto||Future MLB stars in your backyard.|
|No. of teams||12|
|Lima Locos (2019)|
The Great Lakes Summer Collegiate League (GLSCL) is a collegiate summer baseball league in the Great Lakes region of the United States. It is affiliated with the National Alliance of College Summer Baseball and comprises teams with college baseball players from around North America. The league is sanctioned and supported by Major League Baseball. Players are not paid so as to maintain their NCAA eligibility, and the league follows NCAA rules. Many of the teams play in baseball stadiums that are normally occupied by college teams.
Notable GLSCL alumni
- Torres, Richard (July 4, 2007). "Right place, right time: Great Lakes League makes investment in Anderson". The Herald Bulletin. Archived from the original on June 20, 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-19.
- "Dusty Hawk Caps Successful Start To Summer With All-Star Selection". BGSUFalcons.com. July 16, 2008. Retrieved 2009-05-19.
- Reed, Tom (July 5, 2007). "League gives players a crack at using wooden bats". The Columbus Dispatch. Archived from the original on January 21, 2013. Retrieved 2009-05-19.
- Reporter, Curt Conrad, Staff. "Great Lakes Summer Collegiate League cancels 2020 season". Richland Source. Retrieved 2020-05-27.
- "Muskegon baseball team formed for wooden-bat summer college league | MLive.com". 2013-12-13. Archived from the original on 2016-03-05. Retrieved 2016-11-24.