Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational-Technical High School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical High School|
1121 Ashley Boulevard
|Teaching staff||198.51 (FTE)|
|Number of students||2,153 (2017–18)|
|Student to teacher ratio||10.85|
|Color(s)||Green & Gold|
$19,667 per pupil
|Academic Principal||Michael Watson|
|CVTE Principal||Robert Watt|
Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational-Technical High School (commonly referred to as GNB Voc-Tech, Voc-Tech, or Voc) is a vocational high school located in New Bedford, Massachusetts, United States for students in grades 9–12. The school draws its student body from the towns and cities of New Bedford, Dartmouth, and Fairhaven. It is considered its own school district, thus having an on-site superintendent as well as an academics principal and a vocational-technical principal. Students alternate between six day long career technical and academic cycles.
Students at GNB Voc-Tech experience an education which blends academic instruction with career and technical education. They can choose from more than two dozen career majors. In a typical class, 60-70% of its graduates choose to continue their education, either at colleges or advanced technical schools. Another 30-35% enter the workforce and approximately 2% enter the armed services.
Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical High School offers more than 30 Career and Technical Programs that students can choose from. These career and technical programs are divided into academies based on industry or group of industries.
Construction and Drafting Cluster (Cluster A)
- Drafting Technology (DT)
- Architectural Drafting (AD)*
- Electromechanical Drafting (ED)*
- Carpentry (CR)
- Electrical Technology (EC)
- Painting & Design (PD)*
- Plumbing (PL)
Education, Health Services, and Hospitality Cluster (Cluster B)
- Culinary Arts (CU)
- Dental Assisting (DA)
- Early Childhood Education and Teaching (ED)
- Medical Assisting (MA)
- Nurse Assisting and Health Assisting (HS)
Transportation and Manufacturing Cluster (Cluster C)
- Automotive Technology (AM)
- Collision Repair (CL)
- Diesel Technology (DS)
- Metal Fabrication and Joining (MJ)
- Machine Technology (MT)
- Stationary (formerly Steam) Engineering (SE)
Science, Technology, and Engineering Cluster (Cluster D)
- Engineering Technology (EN)
- Environmental Science and Technology (ES)
- HVAC-R Appliance Technology (HT)
- Computer Information Technology (IT)***
- Information Support Services and Networking (IS)**
- Programming and Web Development (PW)**
- Legal and Protective Services (LP)
Arts, Communication, and Consumer Services Cluster (Cluster E)
- Business Technology* (BT)
- Cosmetology (CS)
- Fashion Design (FD)
- Media Technology (ME)
- Visual Design (VI)
* represents Vocational-Technical programs only offered to Juniors and Seniors.
** represents Vocational-Technical programs only offered to Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors.
*** represents Vocational-Technical programs only offered to Freshman.
- Baseball - MIAA Division ll State Champions (2017)
- 2016 Massachusetts Large School State Vocational Champions
- Football - Massachusetts Vocational Large State Champions (2010, 2011)
- Boys Soccer - MIAA Division I South Sectional Champions (2011)
- Massachusetts Vocational Large State Champions (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007)
- Girls Volleyball - Massachusetts Vocactional Large State Champions (2010, 2011)
- Boys Volleyball - MIAA Division II Eastern Mass. State Champions (2004, 2006)
- Boys Volleyball - MIAA Division I Eastern Mass. State Champions (2009)
- Girls Basketball - MIAA Division IV South Sectional Champions (2012), D-IV State Finalists (2013, 2013))
- Massachusetts Vocational Large State Champions (2010, 2011, 2012)
- "Gr New Bedford Vocational Technical". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved December 30, 2019.
- "http://www.gnbvt.edu/Curriculum/ACM.htm". Archived from the original on 2012-11-19. Retrieved 2012-10-17. External link in
- Comey, Jonathan (14 November 2011). "GNB Voc-Tech wins south sectional boys soccer title". The Standard-Times (New Bedford). Retrieved 10 March 2012.
- "Girls Volleyball: GNB Voc-Tech wins second-straight state vocational crown". The Standard-Times (New Bedford). 3 November 2011. Retrieved 10 March 2012.
- Collins, Ed (10 March 2012). "Bears are Boston bound". The Standard-Times (New Bedford). Retrieved 10 March 2012.
- "H.S. Roundup: Vanesa Conceicao leads Bears to vocational title". The Standard-Times (New Bedford). 19 February 2010. Retrieved 10 March 2012.