Greg Van Roten
Van Roten in 2018
|No. 73 – Carolina Panthers|
|Born:||February 26, 1990|
Rockville Centre, New York
|Height:||6 ft 3 1⁄8 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||308 lb (140 kg)|
(Mineola, New York)
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
|Player stats at PFR|
Gregory Van Roten (born February 26, 1990) is an American football guard for the Carolina Panthers of the National Football League (NFL). He was originally signed by the Green Bay Packers as an undrafted free agent in 2012.
His football career started with the Baldwin Bombers youth football organization at the age of 11. He attended, and was an All-State Left Tackle at Chaminade High School in Mineola, New York from 2005-2008.
He attended, and was an Ivy League All-Conference tackle at Pennsylvania from 2008-2012. While at the University of Pennsylvania, he studied at the Wharton School of Business and received his Bachelor of Science in Economics with a Concentration in Marketing. While at Penn, Van Roten was a member of the Delta Tau Delta Fraternity and the Student Athlete Advisory Committee.
Green Bay Packers
On January 29, 2018, Van Roten signed a two-year contract extension with the Panthers. He became a full-time starter in 2018, starting all 16 games at left guard. He was the only Panthers player to play every single offensive snap.
- Simeone, Greg. "RVC Resident Joins Green Bay Packers' Practice Squad". Patch.com. Retrieved August 27, 2014.
- Herzog, Bob. "Greg Van Roten: From Chaminade on LI to the Green Bay Packers". Retrieved September 15, 2014.
- "Greg Van Roten bio - PennAthletics.com". Retrieved January 25, 2013.
- "Greg Van Roten". kffl.com. Archived from the original on June 13, 2015. Retrieved June 13, 2015.
- "Greg Van Roten". pro-football-reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved June 13, 2015.
- "Marcus Dowtin, Greg Van Roten released; Demitrius Bronson re-signed, Patrick Lewis claimed". Seahawks.com. Retrieved August 27, 2014.
- "Jaguars Sign Offensive Lineman Greg Van Roten". Jaguars.com. February 27, 2017.
- Oehser, John (May 1, 2017). "2017 offseason: Undrafted free agents bring roster to 90". Jaguars.com.
- Henson, Max (July 25, 2017). "DE Ryan Delaire and WR Charles Johnson waived". Panthers.com.
- "Panthers re-sign Greg Van Roten". Panthers.com. January 29, 2018.
|This biographical article relating to an American football offensive lineman born in the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|