|Operating system||iOS, Android|
|Available in||English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Hungarian, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Portuguese|
GuySpy is a location based online social network, gay dating app. It is available on Android, iOS and via web browser. The app uses location based services like GPS to connect gay, bi and curious men. Through their platform users are able to create profiles with detailed descriptions and with multiple photos. They are able to chat with guys around them and send additional photos, have video messaging and provide their exact location. There is a voice option within the app as well. The app is similar to Grindr, GuySpy also has a map feature that allows the users to search for other guys in other towns and cities. The app was officially launched in 2011 for GayWhistler's WinterPride festival. In 2013 GuySpy launched The PEARL Pride Party app, which was helping users to keep up to date, build and maintain a personal schedule, share information via social networks related to global LGBT pride events and circuit parties.
GuySpy run into difficulties with Facebook's Community Standards a couple times. In 2012 their Facebook page was blocked for 30 days and later they posted an image of a male and it was taken down within few hours. GuySpy has challenged Facebook's community standards homophobic as they allowed similar images that showed females by other pages.
The app's 2013 billboard campaign in Vancouver received complaints. The complainant alleged that the advertisement offended standards of public decency. The ad was showing two men, one sitting on the other's back with the phrase "Taste the difference" According to the council's opinion the words crossed the line of the acceptability of Clause 14.
- "13 Best Gay Phone Apps - Philadelphia Magazine". Philadelphia Magazine. 2011-03-17. Retrieved 2018-11-23.
- Mangalindan, JP. "I tried 13 dating apps in 30 days in search of love". Mashable. Retrieved 2018-11-23.
- "Free Gay Travel Mode Now Available In GuySpy". Online Personals Watch: News on the Online Dating Industry and Business. Retrieved 2018-12-13.
- "GuySpy, the Latest Cross-Platform, Location-Based Gay Mobile Dating App, Debuts at GayWhistler's 2011 WinterPRIDE Event". PRWeb. Retrieved 2018-12-14.
- "GuySpy Launches The PEARL Pride Party App". Online Personals Watch: News on the Online Dating Industry and Business. Retrieved 2018-12-13.
- "Life beyond Grindr". Xtra. 2012-05-16. Retrieved 2018-11-23.
- www.bloomberg.com https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=424146811. Retrieved 2018-11-23. Missing or empty
- "GuySpy Acquired By Canadian Media Group And Squirt Owners Pink Triangle Press - Global Dating Insights". Global Dating Insights. 2017-03-20. Retrieved 2018-11-23.
- Brathwaite, Les Fabian (2012-09-28). "GuySpy Calls Out Facebook For Nudity Double Standard". www.queerty.com. Retrieved 2018-12-13.
- "Ad Complaints Reports". www.adstandards.com. Retrieved 2018-12-13.