|Olympic medal record|
|1972 Munich||Long jump|
He won the silver medal at the 1972 Summer Olympics held in Munich with a jump of 8.18 meters. Baumgartner again took part in the 1976 Summer Olympics, but did not win a medal. He also competed in the 1971 and 1974 European Championships, with the same result.
At the European Indoor Championships he won gold medals in 1971, 1973 and 1977 and silver medals in 1972 and 1974. He also won a bronze medal at the 1973 Summer Universiade and a silver medal at the 1977 IAAF World Cup. 8.18 metres remained his career best jump.
Hans Baumgartner competed for TV Heppenheim and trained under Hansjörg Holzamer. He became West German champion in 1980, 1971, 1972 and 1973. During his active career he measured 1.87 meters and weighed 75 kg.
- European Indoor Championships (Men) - GBR Athletics
- World Student Games (Universiade - Men) - GBR Athletics
- IAAF World Cup in Athletics - GBR Athletics
- World men's all-time best long jump (last updated 2001)
- West German championships, men's long jump
|This article about an athletics Olympic medalist for Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|