|Date of birth||21 September 1913|
|Place of birth||Kearsley, England|
|Date of death||2001 (aged 87–88)|
|Playing position(s)||Full back|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Topping was born in Kearsley, Lancashire and spent time with several Football League clubs, including Manchester City and Exeter City, where he made one league appearance, before a short spell at New Brighton.
During World War II he played for Stockport County, where he partnered his namesake Henry Westby Topping in several wartime matches in 1941–42. He played for Bristol Rovers in the FA Cup campaign of 1945–46.
- Joyce, Michael (18 January 2007). "Harry Topping". SoccerData UK. Retrieved 27 August 2010.
- Joyce, Michael (2004). Football League Players' Records 1888 to 1939. Nottingham: SoccerData (Tony Brown). p. 261. ISBN 978-1-899468-67-6.
- "EURO 2008 Connections: Holland". Bristol Rovers FC. 10 June 2008. Retrieved 27 August 2010.
- "Your Memories of 1958-59". Norwich City FC. 15 January 2009. Retrieved 27 August 2010.
- "Torbay AC celebrates its 40th anniversary". Torbay Athletic Club. Archived from the original on 3 July 2010. Retrieved 27 August 2010.