Haryana Power Generation Corporation
|हरियाणा विद्युत उत्पादन निगम लिमिटेड|
|Public Sector Undertaking overview|
|Formed||17 March 1997|
|Headquarters||Panchkula, Haryana, India|
|Public Sector Undertaking executives|
Haryana Power Generation Corporation Limited (HPGCL) (Hindi: हरियाणा विद्युत उत्पादन निगम लिमिटेड) is the electricity generating company of the Government of Haryana in India. It has been entrusted with the responsibility of setting up of new generating stations in state of Haryana. HPGCL is an ISO: 9001, ISO:14001 and OHSAS:18001 Certified company. The certification was awarded by M/s British Standards Institution (BSI). Currently it had six power stations and projects situated at Panipat, Yamuna Nagar, Hissar & Jhajjar districts.
HPGCL was incorporated as company on 17 March 1997 and was given the responsibility of operating and maintenance of State's own generating projects. The business of Generation of power of erstwhile HSEB was transferred to HPGCL on 14.08.98 pursuant to power reforms in Haryana. As a result, HPGCL came in existence on 14.08.98 for bringing in excellence in power generation in the states own Generating stations. In addition, it has been entrusted with the responsibility of setting up of new power plants.
|Name||Date of Commissioning||No. of Units||Capacity|
|Panipat Thermal Power Station I, Panipat||1979 November||4||440 MW|
|Panipat Thermal Power Station II, Panipat||1989 March||4||920 MW|
|Deen Bandhu Chhotu Ram Thermal Power Project, Yamuna Nagar||14.04.2008||2||600 MW|
|Rajiv Gandhi Thermal Power Station, Khedar, Hissar||24.08.2010||2||1200 MW|
|Indira Gandhi Super Thermal Power Project, Jhajjar||26.04.2013||3||1500 MW|
|WYC Hydro Electric Station, Yamuna Nagar||29.05.1986||8||62.40 MW|
- 2x300 MW DCRTPP Yamuna Nagar commissioned in record time. First Unit was commissioned in a record period of 27 months which is the lowest for any coal based green field project in the Country.
- Work of 2x600 MW RGTPP Hisar, the first mega project in Northern Region – progressing on fast track towards commissioning in 2009-10. The boiler hydraulic test of Unit-1 completed successfully on 1 March 2009 within 25 months which is a record for fastest hydraulic test in the Country.
- 2x660 MW power project at Jhajjar awarded to IPP- First power generation project in Haryana based on Super Critical Technology.
- Central Electricity Authority, New Delhi selected 250 MW Unit-8 of PTPS, Panipat for the award of Best Executed 250 MW Thermal Power Project of Year 2004-05.
- The Ministry of Power, Govt. of India awarded Meritorious Productivity award to PTPS for good performance during the year 2003-04 as the power station achieved highest ever PLF of 78.75% during the year.
Faridabad Solar Power Plant is set up by (HPGCL) at the site of defunct Faridabad Thermal Power Station in Faridabad. The power generator plans to set up the plant over 151.78 acres near Bata Chowk in the district that generated coal based energy in the past.