Hell or Hallelujah
|"Hell or Hallelujah"|
|Single by Kiss|
|from the album Monster|
|Released||July 2, 2012 (International) |
July 3, 2012 (US)
|Recorded||April 2011 - 2012 at Conway Recording Studios, Hollywood, California|
|Producer(s)||Paul Stanley, Greg Collins|
|Kiss singles chronology|
"Hell or Hallelujah" is a song by the American hard rock band Kiss on their 20th studio album Monster. It was released as the first single from the album, internationally on July 2, 2012 and in the US on July 3, 2012. The song, which is of autobiographical content, was performed for the first time in concert in London on July 4, 2012.
"Hell or Hallelujah" was one of the first songs from the Monster album to be officially mentioned by a member of the band, when during an interview with 95.5 KLOS Gene Simmons in April 2011 named it and "Wall of Sound" as one of the songs that are possible for inclusion on the album. However, the original title of the song was "Tell Her Hallelujah".
|Chart (2012)||Peak position|
|Rock (America's Music Charts)||6|
|Canada: Active Rock (America's Music Charts)||21|
|Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks ||36|
- Paul Stanley – rhythm guitar, lead vocals
- Gene Simmons – bass guitar, backing vocals
- Eric Singer – drums, backing vocals
- Tommy Thayer – lead guitar, backing vocals
- Kiss to unleash a Monster in October! Archived 2012-07-01 at the Wayback Machine. kissonline.com. 06-30-12. Retrieved July 2, 2012.
- New Song Titles Revealed Archived 2011-05-25 at the Wayback Machine. kissonfire.net. 05-02-12. Retrieved July 2, 2012.
- Hart, Josh (2012-07-03). "Kiss Premiere Lyric Video for New Single "Hell or Hallelujah"". Guitar World. Retrieved 2012-07-04.
- "America's Music Chart's: Rock - August 1. 2012". Americasmusiccharts.com. 2012-08-01. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "Canadian Active Rock & Alt Rock Chart Archive: Active Rock - July 24, 2012". Canadianrockalt.blogspot.ca. 2012-07-24. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "Kiss Chart history".