Life and career
Born in Gmunden, Trawöger studied flute with Rudolf Leitner, Walter Haseke and Kurt Redel and graduated from the Universität Mozarteum Salzburg in 1973. This was followed by repertoire studies and further training with Wolfgang Schulz, Helmut Eder and Nikolaus Harnoncourt. From 1992 to 2011 he was professor for transverse flute, didactics and professional internship at the Anton Bruckner Private University in Linz.
In Grieskirchen he was Kapellmeister of the Stadtkapelle of the city from 1975 to 1982 and from 1975 to 1990 director of the local Music School. From 1990 to 1995 he was director of the Oberösterreichisches Landesmusikschulwerk and from 1989 to 1995 he conducted the Upper Austrian Youth Orchestra as well as the Upper Austrian Chamber Orchestra.
His son Norbert Trawöger is artistic director of the Bruckner Orchestra Linz. His daughter Karin Bonelli is a flautist in the orchestra of the Vienna State Opera and member of the Vienna Philharmonic.
- Helmut Trawöger zu Gast bei Hörensagen mit Norbert Trawöger, DorfTV
- Helmut Trawöger bei Cultural Broadcasting Archiv (CBA)
- "Music School celebrates anniversary, in Tips 14 November 2013". Archived from the original on 16 January 2014. Retrieved 27 December 2019.
- Helmut Trawöger, Erwähnung in Stolz auf 30 Jahre Oberösterreichisches Landesmusikschulwerk, in: OÖ. Landeskorrespondenz No. 114 of 18 May 2007
- "Karin Bonelli". Website der Wiener Philharmoniker. Retrieved 27 December 2019.
- Bundesauszeichnungen1972012 Landeshauptmann Dr. Josef Pühringer überreichte Bundesauszeichnungen, in OÖ. Landeskorrespondenz No. 197, 12 October 2012