|Member of the U.S. House of Representatives|
from Minnesota's 3rd district
January 3, 1937 – January 3, 1939
|Preceded by||Ernest Lundeen|
|Succeeded by||John G. Alexander|
August 7, 1881|
Forest City, Iowa
March 12, 1941 (aged 59)|
|Political party||Farmer-Labor (FL)|
|Alma mater||Valparaiso University|
|Occupation||Teacher and Editor|
Henry Teigan was born in Forest City, Winnebago County, Iowa. He attended Luther Academy in Albert Lea, Minnesota and Central College in Pella, Iowa, later graduating from Valparaiso University in 1908. From 1900 to 1913 he was a teacher in various communities. (Iowa rural schools: 1900 – 1904, Des Lacs, North Dakota: 1909 – 1910, and Logan, North Dakota: 1912 – 1913). 
He became involved in politics in 1913, serving as secretary of the North Dakota State Socialist Party until 1916. Teigan moved to Minneapolis, in 1917, where he served as secretary of the National Nonpartisan League from 1916 to 1923. From 1923 to 1925, he was secretary to Senator Magnus Johnson. At that time, he also began working as an editor and newspaper writer, which he continued until 1933 when he was elected to the Minnesota Senate where he served one term.
In 1937, he was elected as a candidate of the Minnesota Farmer Labor Party to the 75th congress. After one term, he failed to win reelection, and was also defeated in a 1940 bid to regain his seat. After leaving congress, he resumed newspaper and editorial work in Minneapolis, until his death on March 12, 1941. He is interred in Hillside Cemetery. The papers of Henry George Teigan are maintained by the Minnesota Historical Society in St. Paul, MN.
- Teigan, Henry George (Minnesota Legislators Past and Present)
- "Teigan, Henry George". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress. Retrieved 2010-12-14.
- Valborg Berg. "Luther Academy 1888-1928" (PDF). Norwegian Lutheran Synod. Retrieved January 10, 2016.
- United States Congress. "Teigan, Henry George (id: T000112)". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress.
- United States Congress. "Henry Teigan (id: T000112)". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress. Retrieved May 2011. Check date values in:
- "Henry Teigan". Find a Grave. Retrieved May 2011. Check date values in:
- Nonpartisan League
- Luther Academy 1888-1928
|U.S. House of Representatives|
| Member of the U.S. House of Representatives
from Minnesota's 3rd congressional district
John G. Alexander
|75th||Senate: H. Shipstead | E. Lundeen||House: H. Knutson | A.H. Andresen | P.J. Kvale | M. Maas | R.T. Buckler | E. Ryan | J. Bernard | D. Johnson | H. Teigan|