Here (Idina Menzel album)
|Studio album by|
|Released||February 24, 2004|
|Idina Menzel chronology|
Here is the second album from American singer-actress Idina Menzel. Unable to find acting gigs, Menzel began recording the album in 1999, but was dropped by Hollywood Records after her previous album Still I Can't Be Still flopped. In 2004, Menzel self-released Here, despite it being incomplete. While Menzel was performing in Wicked which earned her a big rise to fame, she sold copies of the album at the Gershwin Theatre. The album has sold around 2,000 copies and is currently out-of-print.
To promote the album, Menzel performed a one night only concert at the Zipper Theatre in NYC on December 13th, 2004 (on a dark night from Wicked) entitled Idina: For My Friends. Following filming the film version of Rent in 2005, she performed a set of mini concerts in Massachusetts including the Provincetown Theatre, Regetta Bar, and the Hot Tin Roof.
- "Here" – 3:39
- "You'd Be Surprised" – 4:31
- "If I Told You" – 4:00
- "Penny" – 4:02
- "Once Upon A Time" – 3:46
- "So Beautiful" – 3:27
Credits and personnel
- "Idina Menzel, star of the original Broadway production of Wicked will recreate her role in London". London Theatre. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- "Keith Caulfield answers readers' questions about Billboard Music Awards, Idina Menzel, Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston". Billboard Magazine. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- "Something Wicked This Way Comes". New York Magazine. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- "Idina Menzel's Fairy Tale Journey: From Broadway to 'Frozen' and a 'Gorgeous' Note From John Travolta (Cover Story)". Billboard Magazine. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
|This article about a 2000s pop rock album is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|