|Single by Lil' Mo featuring Lil Wayne|
|from the album Syndicated: The Lil' Mo Hour|
|Released||November 9, 2004|
|Format||12" vinyl, digital download|
(New York City, New York)
|Genre||R&B, hip hop|
|Label||Cash Money/Universal/Roun'table Entertainment|
|Songwriter(s)||C. Loving, D. Carter, B. Cox|
|Producer(s)||Chris P. Bacon|
|Lil' Mo singles chronology|
|Lil Wayne singles chronology|
"Hot Girls," also known as its alternate title "Hot Boys, Hot Girls," is song recorded by American recording artist Lil' Mo for her unreleased album, Syndicated: The Lil' Mo Hour (2005). The song features guest vocals by former labelmate Lil Wayne and production by frequent collaborator Bryan-Michael Cox. A remix for the single featuring Fabolous was released on DJ Envy's mixtape, Ahead of the Game: The Final Chapter. The song is based off Amanda Sygnator.
In spite of the buzz garnered from Lil' Mo's record deal with Cash Money, reception for the song was generally mixed to negative. Critics felt that the song was an "insecure female anthem," due to Mo's recitation of "I'm not Britney, I'm not Jessica, I'm not Mýa but I'm still on fire." Many were also appalled by Mo's verse: "...Mine don't look like yours but I still got it going on," where critics believed Mo was further solidifying her point of feeling some sort of insecurity or jealousy. Others also did not take too likely of Lil Wayne's guest appearance either, where they felt he was "rapping like Jay-Z again." By contrast, Jermy Leeuwis of Music Remedy complimented the single as "sizzling" and praised Lil Wayne's feature as "precocious."
Formats and track listings
- iTunes download
- "Hot Girls" (Radio Version) (featuring Lil Wayne) — 3:52
- "Hot Girls" (Radio Version - No Rap) — 3:21
- 12" vinyl
- "Hot Girls" (Radio Version) — 3:51
- "Hot Girls" (Radio Version) (No Rap) — 3:51
- "Hot Girls" (Instrumental) — 3:48
- "Hot Girls" (Acapella) — 3:50
- "Hot Girls" (TV Track) — 3:50
|US Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles Sales||28|
- "Hot Girls - Single by Lil' Mo". iTunes. Apple.com. Retrieved May 23, 2013.
- Mitchell, Gail. "Lil' Mo In Cash Money Till." Billboard. July 17, 2004: 20. Print.
- "Ahead of the Game: The Final Chapter - DJ Envy > Overview". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved May 23, 2013.
- "A/B Conversation > 'Hot Girls,' Lil' Mo, feat. Lil Wayne." Vibe. February 2005: 145. Print.
- Leeuwis, Jermy (July 11, 2005). "Lil Mo released Syndicated (The Lil Mo Hour)". Music Remedy. Retrieved May 23, 2013.
- "Lil Mo* Feat. Lil Wayne - Hot Girls (Vinyl) at Discogs". Discogs. Discogs.com. Retrieved May 23, 2013.
- "Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles Sales – Issue Date: 2004-12-25". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved May 23, 2013.