|Associated acts||Mind:State, Bounte, Team Cybergeist, iVardensphere, Everything Goes Cold, Broadway Calls, Violent Messiah, SutureSelf|
|Past members||Chad Mines|
I:Scintilla is a post-industrial music band from Chicago, Illinois, currently consisting of Brittany Bindrim (vocals/lyrics), Jim Cookas (guitar/programming), Vincent Grech (drums), Dean Dunakin (bass) and Myles Arwine (guitar). They are currently signed to Belgian label Alfa Matrix.
To date, they have released four studio albums and four EPs.
Early Years and The Approach (2002-2004)
I:Scintilla was conceptualized in Champaign, IL in Jim Cookas' bedroom in October 2002. In January 2003, Chad Mines joined the group as bassist followed shortly by Jason Allen on guitar and programming in March. Upon formation, they immediately began writing their debut album, The Approach while still searching for a vocalist. Many singers were auditioned before finding Brittany Bindrim, who they found to be a perfect fit. The album was finished and self-released on July 29, 2004. The album contained early versions of many songs that would appear on later albums.
Alfa-Matrix and Havestar (2005-2006)
After a previously full year of nonstop live performances, I:Scintilla was discovered and signed by Belgian electro label Alfa-Matrix. In March 2005, Jason Allen left the band and Chad Mines moved to guitar. Bethany Whisenhunt was brought on to play bass. The band continued to work on the release of its first EP, Havestar, while providing material for a future full-length album.
The Havestar EP was released by Alfa-Matrix in the summer of 2006. In addition to a few re-mastered songs from The Approach, remixes by Combichrist, Diskonnekted, Neikka RPM, Implant, and Klutae are included.
The Havestar EP also highlights the first collaboration with producer and artist Wade Alin, who is known for music works Christ Analogue, The Atomica Project, and Scanalyzer. This collaborative process adds a consistent working sound quality that carries forward to I:Scintilla's following full-length album Optics.
After its release, Havestar peaked at #13 on the Deutsche Alternative Charts Top 20 Singles list.
Optics and The Immortal Tour (2007-2008)
I:Scintilla released their second full-length album Optics in June 2007. The album consisted of many older, reworked songs as well as multiple new releases. Optics was released in single-CD format as well as a two-disc edition, containing a second disc entirely of remixes by bands such as Combichrist, Clan of Xymox, and Ego Likeness.
While this album was being made, Mines and Whisenhunt departed the band. Instead of replacing the members, Jim Cookas began programming the bass parts and played all of the guitar parts.
Optics peaked at #6 on the Deutsche Alternative Charts Top 10 Albums list, and was featured in multiple alternative magazines. Preceding the album release, I:Scintilla performed at Wave-Gotik-Treffen in May 2007.
I:Scintilla joined with the then-Tallahassee-based darkwave band The Crüxshadows and Canadian electro act Ayria for the U.S. stretch of The Crüxshadows' Immortal Tour in 2008. At this point, the band incorporated two new members, Justin Pogue (keytarist) and Vincent Grech (drums). Up until then, the drums had all been done through a drum machine.
Dying & Falling (2009-2011)
In 2009, keytarist Justin Pogue left the band and moved to Florida, where he was a DJ under the name DJ Halon at the now-closed Club Rayn's popular Industrial music and Alternative Rock night, Blue Monday. In the band he was replaced by Brent Leitner (guitar/programming).
On December 4, 2009, I:Scintilla released an EP titled Prey On You. The EP contained three new songs and five remixes of these songs. Two songs, Prey On You and Ammunition, were later released on I:Scintilla's third full-length album Dying & Falling (formerly called Redshift), which was released on November 26, 2010. Like Optics, this album was released with a single disc version and a limited edition containing a second disc. This second disc contained the third song from the Prey On You, another previously unreleased track, and nine remixes.
Over the next year I:Scintilla toured lightly, with most of their shows being in their hometown of Chicago. Around December 2012, Brandon Chase was brought in to fill the long empty bass position, making the band a quintet. However, he left I:Scintilla the following August to focus on his own bands.
The Marrow EPs (2012-Current)
In 2012, I:Scintilla announced they would be releasing a series of EPs entitled "Marrow". The first of these EPs, Marrow 1, was released on October 15, 2012. This album was a dramatic change in musical styles. Abandoning their signature metal-electronica style, this album had a more acoustic sound to it. With five tracks, Marrow 1 contained one new song, Drag Along, two reworked versions from songs previously on Dying & Falling, as well as two covers.
Shortly after the December 12, 2012 release of Marrow 1, a new single was digitally released containing a new song, Skin Tight, and two remixes of Skin Tight. A month later, I:Scintilla announced a remix contest for Skin Tight as well as a new album, Marrow 2. The winning remix artist would have their song featured on the upcoming album. The band received 64 submissions and allowed their fan base to vote on which song should be included on the album. The votes were cast in a unique fashion counting cash donations as votes. All proceeds from the votes were donated to the Amnesty International charity. 
Marrow 2 was released on May 2, 2013 and marked a return to their signature style. The album contains four new studio recordings as well as four remixes.
In January 2013, Brittany Bindrim launched her own company, Black Dove Design Company. The company focuses on graphic design, programming, and fine arts. The Marrow series album covers are all illustrated by Brittany and are part of her illustration portfolio for Black Dove.
On September 21, 2018, i:Scintilla released Swayed, their first full-length studio album in nine years.
- Jim Cookas - guitar/programming (2002–present)
- Brittany Bindrim - lead vocals (2003–present)
- Vincent Grech - drums (2006–present)
- Dean Dunakin - bass (2015–present)
- Myles Arwine - lead guitar (2018–present)
Former band members
- John Freriks - rhythm guitar (2013 - 2017)
- Brent Leitner - rhythm guitar/programming (2009–2013)
- Jason Allen - rhythm guitar/programming (2003–2005)
- Chad Mines - bass (2003-2005)/guitar (2005–2006)
- Bethany Whisenhunt - bass (2005–2006)
- Justin Pogue - keytar (2008–2009)
- Brandon Chase - bass (2011–2012)
- The Approach – 2004 – self-released
- Optics – 2007 – Alfa Matrix
- Dying & Falling – 2010 – Alfa Matrix
- Swayed – 2018 – Alfa Matrix
Singles and EPs
- Havestar – 2006 – Alfa Matrix
- Prey On You – 2009 – Alfa Matrix
- Marrow 1 – 2012 – Alfa Matrix
- Skin Tight – 2012 – Alfa Matrix
- Marrow 2 – 2013 – Alfa Matrix
- Carmena Saturna – 2018 – Alfa Matrix
- Boxing Glove – 2018 – Alfa Matrix
- Neikka RPM – Rise of the 13th Serpent Limited Edition Bonus CD
- Neikka RPM – My Innocence is Gone (I:Scintilla Remix) (5:48) 
- Manufactura – In the Company of Wolves
- Endzeit Bunkertracks [Act - IV]
- OpeningBands.comp: A Snapshot of Champaign-Urbana 2003 – 2003
- Green St. Records: Playlisted – 2005
- Capsella (Toxin Mix)
- Advanced Electronics Vol. 5 – 2006
- Capsella (Toxix Mix) 
- Clubtrax Vol. 2 – 2006
- Havestar (4:40)
- Dark Visions – 2006
- Capsella (Toxin Mix) (3:38)
- Endzeit Bunkertracks [Act II] – 2006
- Havestar (Combichrist Mix) (4:40)
- Gothic Compilation Part XXXIV – 2006
- Scin (4:34)
- Matri-X-Trax (Chapter 3) – 2006
- New Signs & Sounds 09/06 – 2006
- Havestar (4:43)
- Orkus Compilation 22 – 2006
- Scin (3:31)
- Re:Connected [2.0] – 2006
- Havestar (4:39)
- Sonic Seducer Cold Hands Seduction Vol. 63 – 2006
- Havestar (4:46)
- Sounds from the Matrix 003 – 2006
- Capsella Bursa Pastoris (Toxin Mix) (3:37)
- Sounds from the Matrix 004 – 2006
- Scin (4:33)
- WTII Records Sunday Showcase 2 Year Anniversary Sampler – 2006
- Dark Summer 2007 • 1 – 2007
- Translate (Broken Reception Mix by Manufactura) (4:47)
- Extreme Degeneration 1 – 2007
- The Bells (4:31)
- Fuck the Mainstream Vol. 1 – 2007
- Cursive Eve (5:37)
- Gothic Compilation Part XXXVII – 2007
- Cursive Eve (5:37)
- Nacht Der Maschinen Volume One – 2007
- Havestar (Combichrist Mix) (4:40)
- New Signs & Sounds 06/07 – 2007
- Cursive Eve (5:38)
- Sounds from the Matrix 05 – 2007
- Bolivia (5:38)
- Sounds from the Matrix 06 – 2007
- Toy Soldier (3:53)
- The Giant Minutes to the Dawn – 2007
- Bolivia (5:38)
- Alfa Matrix Re:connected [3.0] – 2008
- The Bells (Angelspit Mix) (5:01)
- Sonic Seducer Cold Hands Seduction Vol. 82 – 2008
- Salt of Stones (Exklusiv Live)
- Alfa Matrix re:covered - a tribute to Depeche Mode – 2009
- Sounds from the Matrix 013 – 2012
- Skin Tight (3:44)
- iscintillaINTERVIEW, archived from the original on 2009-12-12, retrieved 2013-05-03 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- I:Scintilla - Everything2.com, retrieved 2013-05-03 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- i:scintilla signs with alfa matrix!, archived from the original on 2009-08-18, retrieved 2009-04-30 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- i:scintilla signs with alfa matrix! [02.14.2006], archived from the original on 2009-08-16, retrieved 2009-04-30 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- [Aug. 25 2006] I:SCINTILLA - "Havestar" EPCD, archived from the original on 2009-09-21, retrieved 2009-04-30 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Amazon.com: Havestar: I:Scintilla: Music, retrieved 2009-04-30 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Interview with i:scintilla, retrieved 2009-04-30 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "I:Scintilla remixed by Mortiis, Combichrist, KMFDM and Clan Of Xymox for new album". side-line. 8 May 2007. Archived from the original on 30 September 2007.
Out on June 15th is the newest album from the Illinois-based industrial rock quartet I:Scintilla....The limited 2CD box edition of "Optics" includes a 12-track bonus cd with remixes by Combichrist, Mortiis, Clan Of Xymox, En Esch (KMFDM), Angelspit and so on...free MP3 downloads
- Tour I:Scintilla, retrieved 2013-05-03 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Skin Tight I:Scintilla, retrieved 2013-05-03 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Black Dove Design Company, retrieved 2013-05-03 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "INDUSTRIAL ROCKERS I:SCINTILLA RELEASE NEW ALBUM,"SWAYED" - Shockwave Magazine". Shockwave Magazine. 2018-09-21. Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- "SPILL NEW MUSIC: I:SCINTILLA UNLEASHES "CARMENA SATURNA" | The Spill Magazine". The Spill Magazine. 2018-05-28. Retrieved 2018-06-27.
- Twitter kiltedfarmer I:Scintilla have added bassist Brandon Chase to their lineup. They'll be a 5 piece on 3/30 at Ground Zero!, retrieved 2013-05-03 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- I:Scintilla Discography at Discogs, retrieved 2013-05-03 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "PREMIERE: I:Scintilla Release New Lyric Video For "Boxing Glove" -". ventsmagazine.com. Retrieved 2018-06-27.
- OpeningBands.com, archived from the original on 2009-08-16, retrieved 2009-04-28 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Green St. Records: Playlisted (2005), archived from the original on 2009-08-16, retrieved 2009-04-28
- "audio", bounte.com, archived from the original on 2009-04-22, retrieved 2009-04-22
- Depeche Mode Tribute, archived from the original on 2009-04-17, retrieved 2009-04-17
- Endzeit Bunkertracks, archived from the original on 2012-10-14, retrieved 2012-10-17 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)