|Founded||12 May 2015|
|Products||Mobile telecommunications services|
|Parent||Dixons Carphone plc|
iD Mobile is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) operating in the United Kingdom as iD Mobile Limited, using the Three network. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Dixons Carphone, and its services were launched on 12 May 2015. Until April 2018, service was also provided in the Republic of Ireland, again using the Three network.
Products and services
All services use the 3G or 4G signal from the Three network. iD offers pay-monthly contracts for 24 months with a handset, or 30-day rolling SIM-only contracts. These can be bought online via the iD Mobile website, via iD Mobile telephone sales or in a Carphone Warehouse store.
Features include bill capping, tethering and rollover of unused data allowance (to the next month only).
On 28 June 2017, Dixons Carphone announced their intention to remove iD Mobile from the market in Ireland. On 6 March 2018, Dixons Carphone announced the appointment of a liquidator to wind up the Irish arm of the company, after failed attempts to find a buyer.
iD mobile started their network with the advertising campaign of being "Personal, Flexible, Control and Fuss free" as a tagline.
In 2016, iD Mobile used taglines "The network as individual as you are" and "#DoYourOwnThing". Advertising featured the Fletcher Street Urban Riding Club from North Philadelphia.
Profit in 2017–18 was £33.1m, on turnover of £120.5m. This followed a loss of £21.9m in the previous year, arising largely from changes in assumptions regarding customer behaviour (such as the extent to which customers continue their contracts beyond the minimum term, and the amounts they incur in "out-of-bundle" charges).
- "Carphone Warehouse launches mobile network. But is iD any good?". MoneySavingExpert.com. May 2015. Retrieved 5 September 2015.
- idmobile.co.uk. "The exciting new 4G network from Carphone Warehouse that puts you in control". iD. Retrieved 5 September 2015.
- Huges, Alex (4 October 2019). "iD Mobile deals: what is iD and how good are its SIMO and phone contracts?". TechRadar. Retrieved 19 October 2019.
- Martin (28 June 2017). "Carphone Warehouse network iD Mobile set to leave Irish Market". Goosed.ie. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- "iD Mobile Files for Liquidation | goosed.ie". goosed.ie. 6 March 2018. Retrieved 6 March 2018.
- "iD Mobile Limited: Annual Report and Financial Statements". Companies House. April 2018. Retrieved 19 October 2019.