|No. 0 – Split|
|Born||January 5, 1996|
Jagodina, FR Yugoslavia
|Listed height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Listed weight||88 kg (194 lb)|
|NBA draft||2018 / Undrafted|
Đoković started playing professional basketball for his hometown club Jagodina in the 2012–13 season. He stayed there for three seasons and signed with FMP in March 2015, just before the final round of the Serbian First League season. During the 2015–16 season with FMP Belgrade, he averaged 6.4 points, 3.2 assists and 1.7 rebounds over 39 games.
In the summer of 2016, Đoković signed a contract with Borac Čačak. In 2016–17 season, his first season with the club, he averaged 7.5 points, 2.7 assists and 1.8 rebounds over 40 domestic league games. In 2017–18 season, he averaged 11.1 points, 4.6 assists and 2.8 rebounds over 31 domestic league games. Also, in 21 games of the regional ABA League Second Division, he averaged 15.7 points, 5.1 assists, and 3.1 rebounds per game.
National team career
Đoković represented the Serbian men's university basketball team at the 2017 Universiade held in Taiwan. In the tournament, Serbia was defeated by the United States in the semifinal game and eventually lost in the bronze-medal game to Latvia with 81–74. The Basketball Federation of Serbia stated that a total of 24 talented young players refused to play for the Universiade Team Serbia, the highest in history. However, despite many refusals to represent Serbia, the weakened roster made big success by getting the fourth place in the tournament. Đoković was invited in the last minutes to form the latest spot and eventually was one of the team leaders.
In November 2017, Đoković was invited by the senior national team head coach Aleksandar Đorđević to represent Serbia in the 2019 World Cup qualifications. He made debut for the senior national team on 25 November 2017, in a game against Austria.
- "Ilija Đoković pens a 2-year deal with FMP". aba-liga.com. Retrieved 7 August 2019.
- "Ilija Đoković inks a 1-year contract with Split". aba-liga.com. Retrieved 15 July 2020.
- Ivica Lončar (3 August 2014). "U18: Turci nastavili dominaciju" (in Serbian). mvp.rs.
- "Ništa od medalje, košarkaši izgubili od Letonaca meč za treće mesto na Univerzijadi". zurnal.rs (in Serbian). 29 August 2017. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- Velimirović, Igor (29 August 2017). "DA SE NAJEŽITE Sastavili tim za Univerzijadu u WC, došli bez para i bili četvrti na svetu". blic.rs (in Serbian). Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- Velimirović, Igor (23 November 2017). "BIO JE HIT Slikao se u WC samo da bi igrao za Srbiju, nije imao za autobus, sada ga je Đorđević NAGRADIO". blic.rs (in Serbian). Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- "Србија победила Аустрију на старту квалификација за СП". kss.rs (in Serbian). 25 November 2017. Retrieved 29 November 2017.