Indian Rugby Football Union
|Headquarters||Nawab House, 63 Maharishi Karve Road, Marine Lines, Mumbai|
Indian Rugby Football Union (Hindi: भारतीय रग्बी फुटबॉल संघ) is the governing body for rugby union in India. It was founded in 1968 and became affiliated to the International Rugby Board now World Rugby in 1999.
Currently South African Norman Laker is the coach of the India national rugby union team.
Rugby Union in India dates back to a scratch match or two played in Kolkata and Madras during the visit of MS Galatea in 1871. The first recorded match was played on Christmas Day 1872, at CFC in Kolkata, it was played between England and a combined team of Scotland, Ireland and Wales.
In 1968 the India Rugby Football Union was founded and in 1999 the IFRU gained association from the International Rugby Board.
- India national rugby union team
- India women's national rugby union team
- India national rugby union team (sevens)
- Rugby union in India
- All India & South Asia Rugby Tournament
- "Contact Us". INDIAN RUGBY FOOTBALL UNION. Retrieved 23 November 2017.