Istanbul Shopping Fest
|Istanbul Shopping Fest|
İstanbul Alışveriş Festivali
|Inaugurated||18 March 2011 – 26 April 2011|
The Istanbul Shopping Fest is an annual shopping fest held in Istanbul, Turkey. Established in 2011, the mission of the Festival is to make Istanbul the shopping, culture and entertainment center of the world.
During the festival, which lasts 40 days and 40 nights, all the contributing shops offer special discounts. The festival especially attracts foreign tourists as the shops offer tax free shopping. The historic sites in Istanbul also participate in the festival by closing two hours later than usual.
The first Istanbul Shopping Fest took place between 18 March and 26 April 2011 and lasted for 40 days.
- "Istanbul Shopping Fest is now open". Daily Sabah. June 7, 2014. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- "İstanbul'da Shopping Fest'e karşı takas pazarı!". T24. 20 June 2014. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- "İstanbul Shopping Fest şehri coşturdu". Hurriyet. 8 June 2014. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- "İstanbul Shopping Fest, Taksim'de takas pazarıyla protesto edilecek". Bianet. 19 June 2014. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- "Istanbul Shopping Fest – About ISF". Archived from the original on 2011-04-12. Retrieved 2011-04-26.
- Istanbul Shopping Fest
|This festival-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Turkey-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|